Rutgers

NJOriolesFan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they win out they'll deserve it. A team (Rutgers) that can help bring the NE back into the College Football elite would be huge for the sport.

I'll walk there Naked in fact! I agree with your point though, it would be huge for the region.

Well, lets say USC plays OSU in the title game and wins.

Now, let's also say Rutgers wins the rest of their games, including a BCS game...Perhaps you see a shared title?

FWIW, i will call a USC/OSU title game.

I'll agree although I'd love to see Michigan beat Ohio State.

Now, let's also say Rutgers wins the rest of their games, including a BCS game...Perhaps you see a shared title?

FWIW, i will call a USC/OSU title game.

Absolutely. If Rutgers beats WVU, unless UM/OSU is an extremly close game I'd be shocked if the loser ends up ranked ahead of Rutgers in the AP Poll. However if Meeeeechigan wins, Rutgers has a great chance to pass them in the BCS. They are already ranked higher than OSU in the computer portion. OSU has only one impressive win this year which is killing them in the computer rankings.

My prediction is Michigan / Arkansas playing for the National title.

Absolutely. If Rutgers beats WVU, unless UM/OSU is an extremly close game I'd be shocked if the loser ends up ranked ahead of Rutgers in the AP Poll. However if Meeeeechigan wins, Rutgers has a great chance to pass them in the BCS. They are already ranked higher than OSU in the computer portion. OSU has only one impressive win this year which is killing them in the computer rankings.

My prediction is Michigan / Arkansas playing for the National title.

Arkansas is a sleeper, but I think Florida beats them in the SEC title game. Gutsy pick though.

Arkansas is a sleeper, but I think Florida beats them in the SEC title game. Gutsy pick though.

I'm not sold on UF. I think they are overrated. They were extrodinarily lucky to escape against a good but not great USC team. With Arkansas running game I think they'll control the clock vs UF and force Leak into making the mistakes he commonly makes in big games.

I'm not sold on UF. I think they are overrated. They were extrodinarily lucky to escape against a good but not great USC team. With Arkansas running game I think they'll control the clock vs UF and force Leak into making the mistakes he commonly makes in big games.

Florida blocked 2 field goals and an extra point to win that game, but i think South Carolina was going all out for the old ball coach. Florida/Arkansas will be a great game, but I'll take the Gators and Leak to redeem a solid yet dissapoiting career.

They very well could... According to the computers, Rutgers is the 2nd best team in the country. What is amazing is that it's not out of the realm of possibilites for the BEast to get two BCS bids.

The worst of all possible scenarios which has more and more possibilities of happening is having an OSU/UM rematch.

While the chances are slim, I even have a sliver of hope for WVU.

If USC loses to Cal, USC beats ND, LSU beats Arkansas, Arkansas beats Florida and WVU beats Rutgers. Unfortunately though it would probably result in UM/OSU rematch.

While a OSU/UM rematch might not be desirable or whatever, I don't think it's the worst of all possible scenarios. I think it's always been unfair in college football that losing early is so much better than losing late. If UM lost to OSU in the 3rd week, they'd have a much much better chance at the title game then if they lose next week.

While a OSU/UM rematch might not be desirable or whatever, I don't think it's the worst of all possible scenarios. I think it's always been unfair in college football that losing early is so much better than losing late. If UM lost to OSU in the 3rd week, they'd have a much much better chance at the title game then if they lose next week.

Reason # 100 why they need a playoff. It would get rid of all talk that a team like Rutgers or Boise State deserves a National Championship. Let them play in the playoff, reward them for great seasons no doubt, but then the teams that actually play good competition week in and week out will show their class.

Worst of all scenarios because it would be a rematch, not that either team wouldn't be worthy. Although, that said, if OSU were to lose I'm not sure they would be worthy. As was pointed out in an article analyzing their season their only impressive win was against a Texas team whose defense has been exposed in recent weeks. It's why the computers have them ranked lower.

Worst of all scenarios because it would be a rematch, not that either team wouldn't be worthy. Although, that said, if OSU were to lose I'm not sure they would be worthy. As was pointed out in an article analyzing their season their only impressive win was against a Texas team whose defense has been exposed in recent weeks. It's why the computers have them ranked lower.

Well the loser of this game(assuming it's close) will probably be just as deserving as a team such as Florida or Notre Dame. I just don't care for the most recent loser factor in the rankings. Yeah, maybe it should play a role, but not as much as it does.

I guess I agree about the rematch, unless the game is a great one.

Well the loser of this game(assuming it's close) will probably be just as deserving as a team such as Florida or Notre Dame. I just don't care for the most recent loser factor in the rankings. Yeah, maybe it should play a role, but not as much as it does.

I guess I agree about the rematch, unless the game is a great one.

Exactly. Unless it's a great game - say USC/NDish from last year then a rematch might be palatable. But I'm not a fan of a rematch if one team handles the other. I want to see how each of those teams fare outside of their Big Ten bubble in the Bowl game.

That and the preseason ranking.

It sucks because teams like WVU and Rutgers don't have too much of a chance, even if they run the table, to be in the NC game. All because of preseason rankings and perception.

I did enjoy that game last night, a lot of emotion. I think Rutgers D was most impressive, IMO. They had a ton of blitzes and did well backing each other up. I was very impressed with the fact that after they gave up a couple big plays, they still came after the football. Very nice to see.

Nobody from the Big East deserves to go to the National Championship game, undefeated or not. The average record of teams Rutgers/Louisville/WVU played averages out to about 4-7. Their schedules are a joke.

It has nothing to do with pre-season ranking or historical bias, Big East teams just have not EARNED it. If you want to play for a championship and your in a weak conference like the Big East, you better have one hell of a challenging out of conference schedule. Beating Illinois or UNC (BCS conference bottom dwellers) isn't going to cut it. You need some quality wins over other BCS powerhouses.

Never.

If Auburn didn't get a piece of a shared title in '04, after going undefeated in the SEC (which is almost impossible these days), theres no way Rutgers is going to get a share.

Archived