The Orioles have acquired Francisco Rodriguez for Nick Delmonico.

Greg

Do you like the Francisco Rodriguez trade?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Francisco Rodriguez trade?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep saying that? I don't think I have said that before. If we trade for an "under the radar" starter like the other poster mentioned, Hammel is the obvious one to get rid of. He is the weak link in the rotation. We'll see how it goes tonight, I made that post when he loaded the bases in the 1st.

But who do you think can replace him? Unless DD makes a trade at the deadline

that envolves Hammel I don't see him being replaced. I do agree he is not

pitching good. I had thought he could go to the BP. But since they got Rodriguez

I don't see that happening. IMO

Apparently you skipped the first couple pages. Everyone throwing their arms in the air claiming Delmonico was a great prospect.

And you overreact and say people were calling him the heir apparent to Robinson. Hyperbole or not, why not question giving up a decent prospect for a reliever.

Delmonico isn't a great prospect, but he is a potential major league regular. Giving up a prospect like that for a reliever rental seems a bit much to me. This is one of those trades we can look at in 5 years and be like "How stupid were we to make this trade?"

Apparently you skipped the first couple pages. Everyone throwing their arms in the air claiming Delmonico was a great prospect.

I assume I'm one of those people "throwing their arms up." Not really. I thought the price was high for a RP. Having a thought about it doesn't mean there is an all encompassing doctrine of no prospects shall be traded. Just an initial reaction to discuss.......on a message board.

And you overreact and say people were calling him the heir apparent to Robinson. Hyperbole or not, why not question giving up a decent prospect for a reliever.

Because I don't have an ounce of the experience of knowledge that Dan Duquette has. It would be pompous of me to act like I knew better than him. He has made move after move to put this team where they are today. He has completely revamped our farm system into something respectable. Do you really think he would ship out someone who he thinks would win this team ballgames in the near future for someone we could lose in a couple months?

But who do you think can replace him? Unless DD makes a trade at the deadline

that envolves Hammel I don't see him being replaced. I do agree he is not

pitching good. I had thought he could go to the BP. But since they got Rodriguez

I don't see that happening. IMO

What is Gausman even doing? Is he on the team anymore? I'd rather see him than Hammel. Get him as much experience as possible before the playoffs.

Good players don't come without a cost. In this case, the cost was Nick Delmonico. The Orioles needed a solid RH reliever. DD went out and got one of the best - and maybe "the" best - available So, what's the beef? Do we want the Orioles to make the playoffs, or not?

Get Gausman in there. Replace Hammel with him. Hammel is the opposite of what he was last year. Maybe he was on the roids.

Just a stupid comment. Hammel wasn't throwing harder! Here's a hint Hammel had a knee problem that affected his delivery (ability to push off) the result was movement downward. Now that the injury is repaired and healed he's lost the movement.

Archived