Why no talk of firing Presley?

JTrea81

Bases loaded in the 8th with no outs - sac fly is your only run.

With 10 runs, everybody is sure to miss that and they had already scored in the inning, but Hardy had a two pitch AB and did nothing with it and only Roberts could manage to lift the ball to the OF to score Jones. That inning should have been a 7 run inning.

Had the Giants come back to tie it instead of Jones hitting that 3 run HR, that situation would have been crucial. And I know the Giants offense is pretty poor however, if you were facing a team like Boston or Texas, you need every run you can get.

When the bases are loaded with no outs, you have to do maximum damage, but the Orioles' aggressive nature cost them runs in that situation, and that can lose ballgames.

Oh man, you can't be serious.

You have to be trolling me at this point. There is no way you are this deluded.

What you are saying is if EVERYTHING HAD BEEN DIFFERENT, then we MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE and therefore it justifies your desire for a change in hitting approach.

Keep bringing the crazy dude.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 10 runs, everybody is sure to miss that and they had already scored in the inning, but Hardy had a two pitch AB and did nothing with it and only Roberts could manage to lift the ball to the OF to score Jones. That inning should have been a 7 run inning.

Had the Giants come back to tie it instead of Jones hitting that 3 run HR, that situation would have been crucial. And I know the Giants offense is pretty poor however, if you were facing a team like Boston or Texas, you need every run you can get.

When the bases are loaded with no outs, you have to do maximum damage, but the Orioles' aggressive nature cost them runs in that situation, and that can lose ballgames.

The RE for three on none out is 2.084. That is, of course, the most advantageous situation for the offense.

Good grief....you can't pick out one particular situation where the team didn't score more runs and blame the hitting coach, or anyone for that matter. Maybe (and only maybe) if it happens repeatedly, but not one time. This isn't a beer softball league. The opposing pitcher is of ML quality and is trying like hell to strike the batter out or induce a double play. It's baseball.....you might hit three line drives at infielders and come up empty. Think of the times when the Oriole pitcher has gotten out of a bases loaded no out situation with no runs or one run and we praise his efforts. Well, opposing pitchers sometimes are able to do the same.

The RE for three on none out is 2.084. That is, of course, the most advantageous situation for the offense.

Can you elaborate on this? When you have that situation, and they plate a guy and the bases remain loaded, does that count as two opportunities? Where do you get this information?

And if that was the only run that the Orioles had scored in the inning, that might have been a cause for concern.

It wasn't.

The Orioles had already scored 3 runs in the inning, and Roberts' sacrifice fly was the 4th.

On Wieters' RBI-single, Adam Jones probably could have scored from 2nd, but considering the situation (we were already up by a score of 6-2 in the 8th inning, and there were no outs), the 3rd base coach held him.

It's called CONTEXT ...... just like when a pitcher has a huge lead and pitches to contact and gives up a couple of runs, because he didn't want to walk batters with the huge lead, and give the opposition gift chances to get back in the game. It's not the same as a pitcher giving up a couple of runs in a tie game.

This is awful. We got the run in that we were supposed to. A strike out happened.

If a team has the bases loaded and 0 outs the average runs scored in that inning is 2.084.

The information is from The Book.

And that is total runs scored. In the first case. and then in the second case the actual runs scored. So if you average them, I think we are better than average!

My question is why is no one talking about firing the pitching coach today. Norris throws two games of 6 IP and 2 ER, then today only throws 5 IP of 2 ER. His command was off and I think we all know who to blame. Rick Adair. He has got to be fired. It is absolutely ridiculous.

My question is why is no one talking about firing the pitching coach today. Norris throws two games of 6 IP and 2 ER, then today only throws 5 IP of 2 ER. His command was off and I think we all know who to blame. Rick Adair. He has got to be fired. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I thought it was the traveling secretary. For not getting Bud the right sleep number bed.

I do not believe that you actually believe this.

This is a shining example of why people take issue with JTrea. He's flailing and grasping at straws to keep this ridiculous topic alive.

Archived