Why no talk of firing Presley?

JTrea81

The poster is the point, because he's incapable of making any coherent ones. His last post was embarrassing. Again, he's not a bad guy but he's just an awful poster. As they say, his posts bring the collect Hangout IQ down about 5 points everytime he posts.

I have a hard time believing that he's not being intentionally obtuse. If so, then he's not a nice guy.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absurd...the Nationals fired their hitting coach because they were 28th in runs scored with 428 runs. We are 4th in the league with 546 runs scored. Just absurd.

Runs scored is the only team hitting stat that matters. Everyone but Weiters is doing better than expected. I don't get this thread.

Runs scored is the only team hitting stat that matters. Everyone but Weiters is doing better than expected. I don't get this thread.

Didn't you hear? They were in a slump for like a week and a half. Also, they only scored 4 runs in the 8th. It's clearly time to panic.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The poster is the point. To be completely charitable, he is a tremendously nice guy who loves the Orioles and would never say a negative word about a single poster here. Unfortunately he saves his negative words and posts...nearly 37,000 of them mind you for blithering nonsense pointed at various front office, managerial and other actual Oriole personnel. A person could know nothing about baseball, read the 37K posts and do the opposite and could almost assuredly improve any club in baseball. Of course that is only my opinion. I used to think I missed his posting. I will only say this. The Orioles have never, ever in their entire existence, made the playoffs when his venom was spewed here. That, is a fact.

Fire Presley?....In the words of Cicero

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

To me, this topic is flat out trolling.

Or are we allowed to troll about anything we feel like trolling about?

It's immaterial that the OP is a nice guy and doesn't insult people. You can be a nice guy and still be a pain in the backside, which is what this is.

It isn't trolling if you believe what you are posting. If you use his original post as evidence of trolling then half the threads on here woulde be trolling.

I mean the Orioles could improve their OBP but the team is scoring runs. I don't think Jim Presley is any danger of being fired. People like to blame the hitting and pitching coaches all the time. Like they can magically make a guy start hitting or pitcher start getting guys out.

Trying to keep this on the subject - what we saw today was the example of the Orioles' hitting philosophy winning out, however the 8th inning was an example of how even in a 10 run game they missed an opportunity to score more.

Teams like the Rays and Tigers will shut down that power, and the Orioles will have to figure out to win without it, something they have yet to show they can do as they've lost an overwhelming amount of games where they score less than 4 runs, and considering those teams stand in the way of the Orioles reaching the World Series, it is not trolling to say that this offense will not be able to beat those teams consistently with their current hitting philosophy.

Trying to keep this on the subject - what we saw today was the example of the Orioles' hitting philosophy winning out, however the 8th inning was an example of how even in a 10 run game they missed an opportunity to score more.

Teams like the Rays and Tigers will shut down that power, and the Orioles will have to figure out to win without it, something they have yet to show they can do as they've lost an overwhelming amount of games where they score less than 4 runs, and considering those teams stand in the way of the Orioles reaching the World Series, it is not trolling to say that this offense will not be able to beat those teams consistently with their current hitting philosophy.

Why don't you blame the pitching coach when they lose games when they score less than 4 runs?

See DH and Second base are below average - Wieters is a CHASM, a VOID, an ABYSS.

Fixed that.

As for the topic at hand, it's a f'ing baseball team. Sometimes they'll score a lot, other times not so much. It's a marathon of a season, not a sprint. Sometimes they're hot, sometimes they're cold. All in all, there's only one fanbase at the end of the year that is 100% happy with the way things ended up for them.

This team is now headed into the final 45 games of the year for a second year in a row with a legit shot to make the playoffs. That's all you can ask for.

Don't most teams scoring 4 or less tend to lose more, and teams that score 4 or more tend to win more? Isn't this rather meaningless. As well as most teams tend to fail with RISP more often than not? Aren't the O's doing pretty well in general with RISP as compared to the league.

Don't most teams scoring 4 or less tend to lose more, and teams that score 4 or more tend to win more? Isn't this rather meaningless. As well as most teams tend to fail with RISP more often than not? Aren't the O's doing pretty well in general with RISP as compared to the league.

Some people would be pissed if we won the World Series in 5 games instead of 4.

We're 9-9 against those teams. We can hold our own.

Record of AL Playoff contenders when scoring 3 runs or less:

Red Sox: 9-36 (20%)

Tigers: 7-32 (17.9%)

Rangers: 12-41 (22.6%)

A's: 13-40 (24.5%)

Rays: 15-34 (30.6%)

Orioles: 11-31 (26.2%)

Indians: 12-39 (23.5%)

Royals: 15-45 (25%)

Yankees: 13-46 (22%)

Totals: 107-344 (23.7%)

They aren't alone in struggling when scoring three runs or less. Only one playoff contender is better in those games, and that's, unsurprisingly, Tampa Bay.

Archived