Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

I don't mean to keep sounding negative, but if this blows up in DD's face and we stink this year the O's will once again be the laughingstock of baseball. We finally contended after all these years and this is what the FO did. I hope it works out.

Yes you do. That is your way. Or worry about a player that was stuck with a

shattered bat andmaybe that happening again.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You didn't think his 2010 was a good season? 113 OPS+ 20 HR in 395 PA.

I was looking at the splits and didn't go back that far. Last 3 years is generally my window I care about.

This guy could be a McClouth type pickup, but I'm confused by the Major League deal. Orioles must have a scout predicting he is ready to break out.

Very true. I don't mind the pickups because the bottom line is talent. However, with all of the talk about OBP, almost every guy picked up is an aggressive hitter who walks very infrequently. Delmon Young, Tyler Colvin, Francisco Peguero, and David Lough all fit this profile.

But, most of the other invitees are minor league deals.

This kid got a guaranteed major league deal.

Very true. I don't mind the pickups because the bottom line is talent. However, with all of the talk about OBP, almost every guy picked up is an aggressive hitter who walks very infrequently. Delmon Young, Tyler Colvin, Francisco Peguero, and David Lough all fit this profile.

OBP is expensive.

What high OBP bats in the O's perceived price range have they passed on?

I don't get this at all. I hope the money is peanuts because why else would give MAJOR LEAGUE deal to a guy who:
  1. Injury track record
  2. Cannot get on base
  3. Has 1 good season vs RHP
  4. No other decent year, splits or not
  5. the one good year was in Coors, terrible on road
  6. Only positives are 27 years old and left handed

He doesn't even look like a plus defender or base runner.

Hate to sound flippant, but I hope he is cheap enough to cut without a second thought.

Or maybe he breaks out at 27 years old. Like another poster mentioned, left handed Reimold.

Because DD is hoping to hit on a guy not unlike Davis...in essence we have another GM that is either forced or wants to bottom feed.

It was ok. Poor OBP, below-average defense in RF, playing in a hitter's park in the NL central.

At least he's the long half of a platoon.

Wouldn't his AAA stats in Colorado Springs and the Pacific Coast League, last season, while decent enough, shouldn't they be taken with a grain of salt, since they are inflated by the high attitude?

OBP is expensive.

What high OBP bats in the O's perceived price range have they passed on?

Omar Infante.

espn

The Royals introduced their new second baseman Tuesday, one day after announcing they had agreed to a $30.25 million, four-year contract that includes a club option for 2018.

That's Hardy prices for an on base gettin' 2B we really could use.

I think the addition of Colvin and Young pushes Reimold closer to the DL to start the season. The O's play in Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Boston in April. Wet and cold in not unusual for those locations in April. Then they go to Toronto to play on turf. None of that seems good for a guy recovering from a serious neck injury.

I think the addition of Colvin and Young pushes Reimold closer to the DL to start the season. The O's play in Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Boston in April. Wet and cold in not unusual for those locations in April. Then they go to Toronto to play on turf. None of that seems good for a guy recovering from a serious neck injury.

I might be the only one here, but I think Berry has a solid chance to on the roster.

Archived