Rosenthal via source: Burnett did, indeed, prefer the NL...

Il BuonO

From 2011-2013 we had 2 J.J.'s on the team (Jimmy Johnson and J.J. Hardy.)

If we sign Burnett, we'll have 2 A.J.'s on the team (Jones and Burnett.)

Out of context alert .... Out of context alert .....

If you really want the Orioles to be contenders, we need more B.J.'s on the field!

Oo

BSurhoff.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now word from Roch this morning that we're still waiting on Burnett to decide if he's playing or going to retire. I'd like to have him, but just make him an offer and move on if there isn't a response. This is ridiculous. Why are we waiting?

And now word from Roch this morning that we're still waiting on Burnett to decide if he's playing or going to retire. I'd like to have him, but just make him an offer and move on if there isn't a response. This is ridiculous. Why are we waiting?

He is by far the best option left in the O's price range?

He is by far the best option left in the O's price range?

I don't get it. He isn't sure whether or not his heart is even in playing 2014. That doesn't sound like someone I want to hang my hopes on. If you can get him for cheap, great, but I don't understand sitting around and waiting if there are other opportunities.

I don't get it. He isn't sure whether or not his heart is even in playing 2014. That doesn't sound like someone I want to hang my hopes on. If you can get him for cheap, great, but I don't understand sitting around and waiting if there are other opportunities.

Who is left on the market that the O's would agree to sign do you think is an upgrade?

Who is left on the market that the O's would agree to sign do you think is an upgrade?

I don't think the purpose of getting another SP is purely to find someone better than the five we have (including Gausman for this purpose). The goal also is to create some depth and competition, to be ready for the inevitable injuries and to have some alternatives if one of the starters turns out to be unexpectedly ineffective. And, to keep Gausman in AAA until he proves he's ready to pitch effectively as a starter.

I don't think the purpose of getting another SP is purely to find someone better than the five we have (including Gausman for this purpose). The goal also is to create some depth and competition, to be ready for the inevitable injuries and to have some alternatives if one of the starters turns out to be unexpectedly ineffective. And, to keep Gausman in AAA until he proves he's ready to pitch effectively as a starter.

So, Britton then?

Archived