Rosenthal via source: Burnett did, indeed, prefer the NL...

Il BuonO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite honestly I don't want Burnett if he is taking this long to make a decision. I don't want to rely on a guy who's motivation and drive will be in question. I'm also a little concerned about whether he is staying in shape during this decision time. It would be terrible to wait this guy out and he loses 20 games because he never gave a crap in the first place

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that he is working out this offseason.

Quite honestly I don't want Burnett if he is taking this long to make a decision. I don't want to rely on a guy who's motivation and drive will be in question. I'm also a little concerned about whether he is staying in shape during this decision time. It would be terrible to wait this guy out and he loses 20 games because he never gave a crap in the first place

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Well this is 100%, unadulterated nonsense

Ftfy....

From 2011-2013 we had 2 J.J.'s on the team (Jimmy Johnson and J.J. Hardy.)

If we sign Burnett, we'll have 2 A.J.'s on the team (Jones and Burnett.)

Out of context alert....Out of context alert.....

If you really want the Orioles to be contenders, we need more BJ's on the field!

Just out of curiosity, has there been explanation why he did so bad in the playoffs last year? Ended up getting destroyed that game which was insanely uncharacteristic of him especially considering the season he was having. Was he hurt or was it just an off day for him?

I'm ok with him taking this long make a decision. I would rather he take the time to really see what he wants to do than to rush in, sign with us, and then regret it. He is doing the right thing by himself, his family and whatever organiztion he ends up with if he decides to play this year.

Archived