Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lough and Flaherty are going to be pretty big question marks. Hopefully Flaherty has a better start to the season than last year. Lough has some potential, I hope he can provide us with some SBs and good defense in the OF.

However both provide plus to plus-plus defense at their positions. It is a wash in my perspective even if they don't produce offensively, which they're both capable of doing.

Lough and Flaherty are going to be pretty big question marks. Hopefully Flaherty has a better start to the season than last year. Lough has some potential, I hope he can provide us with some SBs and good defense in the OF.

Cruz just helped Lough.

It's a lot more tolerable to keep a speedy defensive LFer when you have a real DH.

Not to mention the production we get out of CF helps lessen the need for O out of LF, IMO.

I'm interested to see how Nick's added muscle effects his range, however, it certainly is within the realm of possibility. I'm excited to see some impressive postgame jumps from the three of them.

I hope it doesn't slow him down even more. I don't expect to see Cruz in LF much though.

I hope it doesn't slow him down even more. I don't expect to see Cruz in LF much though.

Oh, absolutely not. Any excitement I harbor for the Cruz signing is under the assumption that we were moving forward with the defensive outfield of Lough-Jones-Markakis. We preach defense and pitching too much to allow someone like Cruz to man a corner outfield position for more than an occasional respite.

I'm interested to see how Nick's added muscle affects his range, however, it certainly is within the realm of possibility. I'm excited to see some impressive postgame jumps from the three of them.

I believe Buck said at fanfest that Nick should pick up some speed from being healthy for the first time in a couple of years. Also, his offseason workouts were designed by Brady and presumably included Nick working on explosiveness.

Archived