Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure he would be interested in listening to them. Ken Rosenthal is just stirring a pot to get attention at the meeting. He is very upset that he does not break any actual news anymore.

LOL Ken breaks news all the time. Now you just seem mad.

Who would have given him the permission given Angelos' opposition to this?

No one. Ken is just lying now. To save face. He will get in Kenny Williams face in the morning. He misdirected everyone on the Orioles Kemp talks as well.

Bottom line Dan at least wants to talk with Blue Jays. If Peter blocks him he's gonna be mad ( Anybody would be mad more money more power) This isn't good folks.

I agree. But I think that good professional relationships have the implicit expectation that if something bigger and better comes along that the event would be grudgingly celebrated. This is particularly the case in the small clubby world of MLB. As others have said, the chance to be a MLB team president doesn’t come around very often. I think Peter’s statements perhaps reflect more a reaction to Toronto’s (or Rogers Corp’s) crass breach of protocol than an asbestos clad desire to keep Dan away from an opportunity.

Agree with this assessment.

When? At the meeting? I'm not mad at all. Ken is a joke when it come to the Orioles though.

Ken is a joke now cause you don't like what he's reporting.

With all due respect that's not Dan Duquette problem, and rarely if ever do these team president CEO jobs come available.

As far as the four year contract goes there is a general understanding that management is free to leave for promotions should the opportunity arise. This will have ramifications down-the-line attracting management talent and may filter down to the bench coaches. Noone wants to work for an organization where should the opportunity arise to advance yourself the owner will stand in the way.

The way I see it there are two realistic avenues for Angelos to proceed with...

He can either give the jays permission should they ask and allow them a window along with the O's to find contingencies or promote him and be done with it.

And upper level major league front office jobs are so plentiful that applicants can pick and choose whenever they like? I'm sure Peter Angelos is petrified that some bench coach might disapprove of his prehistoric insistence that a contract, freely entered into, might somehow actually have meaning consistent with the words printed on the document.

Understandings are understandings and contracts are contracts and there doesn't seem to be any intersection in this situation as we currently understand it. Out clauses are well known in the industry. If Duquette didn't negotiate one during the hiring process he has no basis to complain. To his credit, he isn't.

This is true. To the extent that it's noticeable, which is pretty bush league (and petty).

Why is it bush league? I'm sure Ken has a Dan source that said he wants to talk with them. He's only reporting what he hears.

Archived