#10 Maryland @ Rutgers 3/2

The Big Ten has historically put emphasis on the regular season. They were originally reluctantly brought into the world of conference tournaments. The regular season champion is officially considered the conference champion, and there are no tiebreakers. So a tie at the top of the standings would be considered co-champions.

That said, the first tiebreaker for the #1 seed in the Big Ten tournament is head-to-head. So, yes, MD is still alive for the #1 seed in the tournament. But Wisconsin has clinched a share of the Big Ten Championship.

Wisconsin is about to beat Minnesota and wrap up the Big Ten title.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wisconsin is about to beat Minnesota and wrap up the Big Ten title.

Good for them. Can't remember if that puts them more likely to be in the Kentucky bracket or not, regardless, they have been a fantastic team this year. Just don't tell Dez Wells I said that... :)

I'm not sure that is how it works. I thought geography came into play. If it is the way you suggest, however, wouldn't the top 3 seed be in the same region as the bottom 2-seed?

I was always under the impression that geography is first, but then they unofficially try to rank the 2 seeds if they can.

MD would have to do quite well in the conference tourney to get a #2 IMO. They will likely be #3. As long as they win their first round ncaa tourney game against the #14 seed, I won't be disappointed. #3 vs #6 is pretty close to an even match up. Helluva year for them after all the turmoil regardless of what happens but I would be mildly let down if they were one and done in either tourney.

I definitely wondered about some of those kids last year but I wasn't sure if it was them or Turgeon. I guess I got my answer this year. Good enough kids but clearly knuckleheads.

It's incredible to me that this team actually has a chance to get to 30 wins.

Win your last game... and 2 in each tourney and you're at 30. What a turnaround.

Archived