Playing in an empty stadium is a terrible decision

atomic

I'm going to say this as plainly as I can....if the Orioles played this game as a normal game and one, just ONE, fan got injured, it would be the end of the Orioles as we know it.

Some of you need to get over yourselves, realize that the Orioles and MLB were put in a no win situation, and are doing what they can. Yes, there were other options, and maybe we'll find out why they didn't choose them, but otherwise it is was it is.

Haven't we seen enough negativity the past week?

Also the parking lots are staging areas for the guard and out of town cops and others. It is almosty like a regular day downtown except for cops and some protesters. The BSO is having a free outdoor concert.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talking to Drungo about different sports fan behaviors. I haven't said the fans should be allowed in today, in fact I said in another thread how dangerous it would be getting in and out of the stadium. I lived there for over 30 years so I do have an idea of what I'm talking about..

I think the immediate area is safer then some nights. Some areas near the stadium are not great and without an Orioles or something at the arena are sketchy at best.

The guard is everywhere.

I think the immediate area is safer then some nights. Some areas near the stadium are not great and without an Orioles or something at the arena are sketchy at best.

The guard is everywhere.

It probably is safe near the stadium, Inner Harbor, and downtown. But to get there and get home you would have to go in areas that aren't as safe. That's what I said yesterday and I'm sticking to it!

It probably is safe near the stadium, Inner Harbor, and downtown. But to get there and get home you would have to go in areas that aren't as safe. That's what I said yesterday and I'm sticking to it!

Fine., We can agree to disagree. But if you get on the Jones Falls or right on 95 you should have no problem. I drove home late yesterday from downtown.

Fine., We can agree to disagree. But if you get on the Jones Falls or right on 95 you should have no problem. I drove home late yesterday from downtown.

I meant fans that live in and around Baltimore that go through the various neighborhoods.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck: "In the spring we piped in a lot of loud sound to try to simulate stadium noise. We didn't practice the quiet one." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm going to say this as plainly as I can....if the Orioles played this game as a normal game and one, just ONE, fan got injured, it would be the end of the Orioles as we know it.

Some of you need to get over yourselves, realize that the Orioles and MLB were put in a no win situation, and are doing what they can. Yes, there were other options, and maybe we'll find out why they didn't choose them, but otherwise it is was it is.

Haven't we seen enough negativity the past week?

Doubtful...fans have been murdered and injured at MLB games in the past and those teams still play today.

I did not know the ticket booths were open. i am going to walk over soon and exhange my Sunday tickets.

Patricia Haskins, a 59-year-old Baltimore native and box office employee manning one of the two open ticket windows of 17 on Eutaw Street, said Camden Yards felt like ?a ghost town.?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/orioles--white-sox-prepare-for-bizarre-fan-less-game-in-baltimore-171810359.html

How can you be sure that a game at 2pm on a Wednesday wouldn't be a prime opportunity for the looters and trouble makers to strike in front of a live National audience?

Too many people are missing the big picture here....Baltimore is a crime scene ready to erupt right now. Inside or outside the stadium is not safe.

Same may be true on Monday May 11th, should we start making plans to move that series as well?

Archived