Everth Cabrera can't be optioned without his consent

wildcard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am thinking his time might be over anyway. Not the smartest baseball player and I am sure Buck has taken notice. I would be surprised if he actually had all 20 days on a rehab assignment.

It's a good way to show him off to a team that wouldn't mind spending money on him.

It's a good way to show him off to a team that wouldn't mind spending money on him.

He doesn't get paid if he refuses the assignment does he? Also his deferred adjudication? What does quitting your job do for the probation requirements?

Within 35 days -- 15 days on the DL and a 20-day rehab -- they should know whether or not he's necessary for the rest of the season.

How does Janish compare defensively?

Janish is more than adequate at SS and they have Navarro also who is much more comfortable at SS than 2B. Cabrera is not necessary unless they decide they aren't going to eat his remaining salary.

I thought it was 172 or 173 days for service time? If not than maybe BBref is wrong about his service time.

It is 172. I can't see the Orioles eating that contract. Unless there was a handshake deal with Cabrera I can't see him getting sent down.

He doesn't get paid if he refuses the assignment does he? Also his deferred adjudication? What does quitting your job do for the probation requirements?

Good question about the money. People assumed Webb would not get paid and he did.

Archived