2015 Chemistry

ACDC27

One thing I've noticed from watching this years team compared to last years, is the team chemistry seems lacking. I am not trying to turn this into we should have signed this or that guy but it seems some of the new guys just aren't fitting in like the guys we had. I am sure winning will cure some

Of this but so many sour looking guys out there on the field.

I agree. Hard to say how much impact it has, but Cruz and Schoop brought a lot of energy last year and we are missing them both. The new guys, De Aza and Snider, have zero personality. The pie thing seems tired. Maybe these young pitchers can bring us something.

I'm sure some of it is cause and effect, but Cruz was a great guy to cheer for. Nick heart and soul for a long time, Snider, Deaza, Carbera all seem like tools. Davis not hitting but seems a lot less likeable and don't like the vibe he gives off.

wow. Thoughtful insight here.

Point is they don't seem like Buck guys to me, some guys you like cheering for I.e Pearce even thou he's not hitting he's a try hard guy, who you want to root for. Caleb Joseph is another one of those guys, don't get that feeling when I watch Snider, or Deaza and a couple other guys on this years team.

Point is they don't seem like Buck guys to me, some guys you like cheering for I.e Pearce even thou he's not hitting he's a try hard guy, who you want to root for. Caleb Joseph is another one of those guys, don't get that feeling when I watch Snider, or Deaza and a couple other guys on this years team.

As opposed to upstanding pillars of the community like K-Rod, Young and Patton?

As opposed to upstanding pillars of the community like K-Rod, Young and Patton?

Travis.

Snider being himself, he says, includes a strong work-ethic, learning from his past mistakes so his game improves and, of course, eating. His username on Twitter, the social media microblogging site, is @LunchBoxHero45. (Snider wears No. 23 for the Pirates, but the rest stands.)

"It was a nickname given to me," Snider said. "I like to eat. If you guys follow me on Twitter, you'll see a lot of posts about food. Mostly steaks and red meat. It's something for to have fun with fans and teammates. Something to keep it not only on baseball."

He's also a respected food critic. When reviewing Toronto's best nachos in Post City Magazine in 2009, he said of the beef and chicken-laded nachos at Bishop and the Belcher:

"Meats don't clash."

It was a classic moment in carnivorous history. But the Pirates didn't trade for Snider because of his appetite, or even his engaging personality. They need him to produce as they pursue a playoff berth for the first time since 1992.

"We're in a race," Snider said. "It's exciting to be part of a winning ballclub."

I know that some statheads discount team chemistry. I don't. I have no doubt that John Lackey's attitude hurt the 2012 Red Sox or that R.A. Dickey's personality has been a drag in Toronto for the last couple of seasons, or that Willie Stargell's personality was instrumental in helping the 1979 Pirates.

I just have no idea how anyone can possibly observe team chemistry from a distance. Unless we hear something from someone with credible access to what's going on inside the clubhouse, how can we say anything about this team's chemistry?

I know that some statheads discount team chemistry. I don't. I have no doubt that John Lackey's attitude hurt the 2012 Red Sox or that R.A. Dickey's personality has been a drag in Toronto for the last couple of seasons, or that Willie Stargell's personality was instrumental in helping the 1979 Pirates.

I just have no idea how anyone can possibly observe team chemistry from a distance. Unless we hear something from someone with credible access to what's going on inside the clubhouse, how can we say anything about this team's chemistry?

Sorry, I meant the 2011 Red Sox.

That's ok. And the Blue Jays stink just as bad without R.A. But they might be better with Syndergaard and Travis d'Arnaud. Anthopoulos is truly one of the worst GMs of all time. So much money. So little to show.

I think Dickey is the only non-tool on the BJ roster.

I do think chemistry can play a part and probably has. Doesn't mean these guys won't start gelling.

Archived