Pitching Staff....

EagleOriole

This is going to be interesting:

1. Gausman has one rehab start and Showalter says he will be in the big league rotation.

2. Matusz coming off suspension list and do we really even need him at this point.

3. Norris - what do his next few starts look like.

4. Wright with another chance to impress the brass.

5. McFarland looking pretty impressive.

6. Gonzalez says he will be ready when his 15 days are up.

I am very interested to see what happens with this big league staff by July 1. What will it look like at that time.

1. Yes, I am surprised that they are bringing KG back straight into the rotation. Maybe it is just a spot start while Gonzo is out?

2 and 5. I disagree about McFarland. He is very much expendable. His ERA is good, but his WHIP is not. Keeps walking guys. He is going to get burned soon. I would be fine with Matusz taking his spot for a while when he comes back.

3. Norris (and Tillman) are key. They are going to do everything they can to keep them in the rotation because they are established big league starters. If we are out of it, Norris could be a trade chip.

4. Wright is another good option to have. I have a feeling this will not be his last start, but as a guy with options this is probably going to be it for a while.

6. Good news but I will believe it when I see it.

I heard Roch mention on Wall to Wall today about Gausman pitching next weekend in Toronto. He didn't say it but it makes sense to me to try to avoid Chen vs that lineup. Wright could start next Friday and then be optioned he did say that. I guess they can take their time with Gonzalez.

1. Yes, I am surprised that they are bringing KG back straight into the rotation. Maybe it is just a spot start while Gonzo is out?

2 and 5. I disagree about McFarland. He is very much expendable. His ERA is good, but his WHIP is not. Keeps walking guys. He is going to get burned soon. I would be fine with Matusz taking his spot for a while when he comes back.

3. Norris (and Tillman) are key. They are going to do everything they can to keep them in the rotation because they are established big league starters. If we are out of it, Norris could be a trade chip.

4. Wright is another good option to have. I have a feeling this will not be his last start, but as a guy with options this is probably going to be it for a while.

6. Good news but I will believe it when I see it.

This is pretty much how I feel about TJ, but he seems to do this every year. He's constantly pitching in and out of trouble, but somehow gets the job done. I'm not ready to write it off as luck just yet though, and I'd continue to just roll with him until he gets burned, if and when that happens..

This is going to be interesting:

1. Gausman has one rehab start and Showalter says he will be in the big league rotation.

2. Matusz coming off suspension list and do we really even need him at this point.

3. Norris - what do his next few starts look like.

4. Wright with another chance to impress the brass.

5. McFarland looking pretty impressive.

6. Gonzalez says he will be ready when his 15 days are up.

I am very interested to see what happens with this big league staff by July 1. What will it look like at that time.

1. Very good. Can't wait to see Gausman back.

2. Exactly, we don't need him. Trade him for an apple core, or pay someone to take him so we can fill that spot.

3. Keep pitching Norris when he's throwing well. His worth long term here is in the value he brings back in a trade.

4. Wright has done everything possible to show he belongs here. Find a way to keep him. I wouldn't even mind putting Wright in the pen instead of Bach or Hunter for this year. Just keep him here.

5. TJ is interesting. It's so nice to have a decent lefty in the pen not named Britton, and he seems good enough. Maybe.

6. Can't wait to see Gonzales back. He's one I want to see stay with the O's for as long as possible.

Archived