Mountcastle makes his debut

Fred Manfraud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazingly, I think people tend to give up on, and back whole-heartedly, prospects sticking at high-skill positions way too often.

I think you are right about this. I am convinced that Sisco and Mountcastle must move and I have never watched them play defense.:scratchchinhmm:

I think you are right about this. I am convinced that Sisco and Mountcastle must move and I have never watched them play defense.:scratchchinhmm:

Haha. Well, it's fair game to read opinions of others who have watched them and draw a conclusion. But I think even a bunch of the *experts* writing about prospects don't do enough to understand which barriers are easier or more difficult to overcome, or simply elect not to delve into that nuance and instead default to a scout quote without context.

So, you get folks on a message board adamantly arguing for one position or another based on an expert opinion that really wasn't well presented in the first place.

Haha. Well, it's fair game to read opinions of others who have watched them and draw a conclusion. But I think even a bunch of the *experts* writing about prospects don't do enough to understand which barriers are easier or more difficult to overcome, or simply elect not to delve into that nuance and instead default to a scout quote without context.

So, you get folks on a message board adamantly arguing for one position or another based on an expert opinion that really wasn't well presented in the first place.

Pretty sure most of the experts I read thought Schoop was better suited for third and would have issues at second.

Pretty sure most of the experts I read thought Schoop was better suited for third and would have issues at second.

I thought he fit better at third because of the arm strength and sometimes clunky footwork. Oops. At least I was right the footwork kept him of shortstop, long term...

I thought he fit better at third because of the arm strength and sometimes clunky footwork. Oops. At least I was right the footwork kept him of shortstop, long term...

Hope you know I wasn't calling you out specifically.

Just I saw a number of Uggla comparisons along the way.

And they both have moved up recently and started out well with their new teams.

As for young prospects playing SS, remember Miguel Cabrera started out as a SS - and even played there at 19 in high A ball. Hard to imagine. Then again, looking at Cal now, he might be even harder to imagine. :)

The 2013 and 2015 drafts are looking really good. Combine that with a healthy Bundy, Harvey, Kline and our Cuban signees and our system is will look a lot better for next year.

I wish I could trust that Bundy and Harvey will be healthy next year, but I'm in "show me" mode. Also, Bundy won't be in the minors unless he's on a rehab assignment.

I wish I could trust that Bundy and Harvey will be healthy next year, but I'm in "show me" mode. Also, Bundy won't be in the minors unless he's on a rehab assignment.

Or passes through waivers when he's DFA'd.....:slytf:

He got called up on Sunday and he's played four games since then. He's sat the last two days but I doubt there's anything wrong with him.

Make total sense. Call up one of our top position prospects and bench him promptly!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Archived