vs. Tigers 7/19

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as good as Johnny Cueto is, I still don't think I'd trust him in a big game. For every great game he pitches it seems like he has an equal awful game...Today being one of the awful performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... but how many bullpens have one that is also asked to get the righty's out as often as Matusz is?

That would be the Managers fault, not the pitchers fault, right? If you know a guy can't get RHB out and you keep allowing him to pitch to them, well, it's hard to blame the pitcher.

I remember when pitchers pitched 300 innings in a season, and 120 or more pitches in the game. I don't think injuries were anymore prevalent than they are now, with today's five-man rotations and pitch counts limited.

They weren't. If anything we are seeing more injuries despite fewer innings thrown. But everyone is so much smarter today then the one's that managed the game for over a hundred years so what do you and I know?

Adam is in pull mode. That's not good on outer edge pitches. If he wants to be .300 hitter, he needs to hit the ball where it's pitched.He had a good day today pulling pitches on the inner half of the plate.

That would be the Managers fault, not the pitchers fault, right? If you know a guy can't get RHB out and you keep allowing him to pitch to them, well, it's hard to blame the pitcher.

I should have tried harder to make it apparent that I was agreeing with you.

Speed. OBP.

Been a while since I looked at the stats, but I guess you're right. Well at least when compared to Pearce, Parmalee, and Lough. Pretty sad state of affairs when all 4 mentioned are hitting under .230 and a .309 OBP is your saving grace.

Archived