Chris Davis Home Run Watch, 2015

OFFNY

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crazy. Still think he has a better shot than anyone of hitting the warehouse

He sure does, but it seems like his homers mostly go out to right center instead of being pulled straight down the line. I think he can hit it though, for sure.

At this point, if no one's hit it in a game yet I don't think anyone will. It's not the distance that's the huge factor, it's that the warehouse is above the playing field. Someone has to hit it extra far to get it that distance.

An interesting exercise would be to look at the measurement of the longest homers hit to rightfield in MLB since OPACY's opening and see if any of them would have hit the warehouse.

He sure does, but it seems like his homers mostly go out to right center instead of being pulled straight down the line. I think he can hit it though, for sure.

At this point, if no one's hit it in a game yet I don't think anyone will. It's not the distance that's the huge factor, it's that the warehouse is above the playing field. Someone has to hit it extra far to get it that distance.

An interesting exercise would be to look at the measurement of the longest homers hit to rightfield in MLB since OPACY's opening and see if any of them would have hit the warehouse.

Well Griffey's was 465. A bomb, definitely, but it is certainly not out of the question to hit it that far. But like you said, it isn't easy to get it that far by pulling it. Most that travel that far are more centered.

Has it been hit in bp?

Put me in the camp that thinks they use juiced balls in the derby.

Has it been hit in bp?

Put me in the camp that thinks they use juiced balls in the derby.

Old article (2012) by MASN:

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2012/06/matthew-taylor-is-warehouse-in-chris-davis-sights.html

Oriole Park at Camden Yards has been open for 20 years. There have been reports of players who hit the warehouse during batting practice. However, the only confirmed Warehouse shot is Ken Griffey's effort during the 1993 All-Star Game Home Run Derby. That ball traveled 465 feet. Meanwhile, Lance Berkman's 444-foot home run last June is the longest Eutaw Street home run. Clearly, it's a difficult feat.

The 11th inning shot was 459 feet according to Hittracker, the longest hit in MLB yesterday. His first was 446 feet, tied for the 3rd longest hit yesterday. It was the longest home run hit at Oriole Park since Mark Reynolds 463 foot shot to the upper deck in left center in 2011. At 3:34...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/no3g37z81mc?t=3m34s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the longest by a lefty at OPACY since Russell Branyan hit one 459 to pretty much the same place.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=5004001&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Archived