Chance Sisco walked four times tonight on April 22nd

ChuckS

Chance Sisco up to .348 .471 .435 (.905). I can't recall an Orioles prospect that put up OBP numbers like this in recent memory.

May be forcing a mid-season promotion. I really have no idea how far his defense has progressed. He has thrown out 10 of 24 base stealers. Any chance he's the starting catcher next season or at least in a platoon with Caleb?

Looking only at his numbers and knowing nothing about how his defense is progressing I would think a Joseph/Sisco platoon next year is a possibility.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Wieters at the end of the year if he doesn't get his bat going pretty soon.

Chance Sisco up to .348 .471 .435 (.905). I can't recall an Orioles prospect that put up OBP numbers like this in recent memory.

May be forcing a mid-season promotion. I really have no idea how far his defense has progressed. He has thrown out 10 of 24 base stealers. Any chance he's the starting catcher next season or at least in a platoon with Caleb?

In his only full season in the minors, Matt Wieters went .347/.447/.576. Good company to be in as far as minor league slash lines.

Was at the Bowie game today and very impressed with him offensively. Very patient, looks very good. Defensively he had a passed ball/wild pitch (not sure ruling) that cost us a run. He hits everything hard and waits for his pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would not surprise me at all if he was the main trade piece at deadline. Beyond Reyes and Hess, he is probably the most tradeable prospect and I would have no problem dealing him with Heim and Murphy moving through the system.

I don't feel we have the depth to be trading our best prospects at this point. He's arguably our no. 1 overall prospect and could help us as soon as next year.

I don't feel we have the depth to be trading our best prospects at this point. He's arguably our no. 1 overall prospect and could help us as soon as next year.

I agree. No way should we be trading Sisco.

I'd like to see him able to split time with Caleb, maybe lefty/righty platoon. I think his bat will be ready, but will Buck be satisfied with his defense. Offense is a bonus for Buck when it comes to catchers. If he's not happy with his defense, he won't play.

He will if Dan doesn't give Buck other options.

Remember Teagarden.

I know he's shown improvement, but at least Hartford's advance scouts don't think he can throw - they attempted 9 SB's on him last night.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2016_05_09_hfdaax_bowaax_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

He got two, and is now at 21 SB/14 CS.

Series continues tonight and getaway Wednesday, so he will probably only play one of those, be interesting to see the attempts there.

I know he's shown improvement, but at least Hartford's advance scouts don't think he can throw - they attempted 9 SB's on him last night.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2016_05_09_hfdaax_bowaax_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

Series continues tonight and getaway Wednesday, so he will probably only play one of those, be interesting to see the attempts there.

This seems to an outlier. I've seen many box scores without a single SB attempt against him. His CS percentage is pretty good overall.

This is probably why he will stay at Bowie most of the year. Hopefully he will get a taste of AAA. Definitely not knocking the guy. The bat looks AAA ready right now. Bowie was where Caleb turned his defense around.

Cisco is so young. Just turned 21. He played in 20 games in Bowie at the end of last year. Then the AFL, and now already 23 games in Bowie this year. I think we'll see the O's be patient with him and he'll be up sometime next season.

Trumbo, MW, P.Alvarez, and Reimold will all be FA's at the end of the season. Hopefully Walker, Mancini and Cisco can take some of those AB's.

2 for 3 with a walk, raising his BA to .354.

Saw him last Sunday, very impressed. Patient hitter, compact swing, great eye, very polished. He belongs in AAA soon. What are your thoughts on his d? He had a passed ball/wild pitch during the game I Saw. You think his d is good enough for Buck?

Archived