April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke gets a gift from Carlos Quentin, or if you believe the Chicago announcers, the stadium lights which blind the left field on balls hit to a certain part of the field. How many bazillion dollars did they just spend on a modern ballpark and the lighting engineers couldn't figure out how to light the field properly?

Ugh. Poor Guillermo. We seriously jinxed him. He's having a brutal day.

What is impressing me about D Cab this start is that he isn't getting discouraged. He has three walks but no inning did he have more than one. Also hes averaging less than 15 pitches per inning which is about what you want from a pitcher.

Lets hope that holds true here this 1/2 inning...come on DCAB, you've seen lead off walks kill you SO many times in the past!

Still only 58 pitches by Daniel to this point. He stands a decent chance of getting us through 7 innings, which would be nice considering the heavy use of the pen over the weekend.

I think today's game could say a lot about the season. Adverse circumstances, we need this game to split the series and have a winning road trip, and we need Daniel to go deep. He's by far the most talented pitcher on our staff, if he could step up and become a stopper for us (which he has looked a bit like so far) it would be huge in terms of our progress both for this year and for the next several. Everyone feel free to kill me for it if he falls apart now. :o

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I read an article that suggested Baumann was DFA'd because he is more valuable than Perez, could likely be traded, and they'd have more power over where he ends up.  There's a pitching log jam coming, and they'd like to acquire a high-end piece, so they want to start clearing out space and are doing so in an attempt to get value back instead of simply DFAing and losing the player.   
    • The lack of swing and miss in the pen if they keep it as is will likely keep this team behind the Yankees. Sure, guys throw groundballs or whatever, but when players can put everything into play, bad things are oft bound to happen. Kimbrel is the only real strikeout pitcher out of the pen.
    • I'm not, I'm municipal not NYSP. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    • I’d be surprised given the lack of defensive value and lack of improvement his last year. As a likely 1b only prospect, he’s really got to hit, and hit for power, to make it.    that said, the college bats we normally would target may largely be gone by the time we pick, so if he’s the best college bat left, I wouldn’t be completely shocked. If guys like benge / honeycut are gone (assuming smith and tibbs are long gone), then it might come down to guys like white, amick and Dakota Jordan as far as college bats (our most common demographic by far early in drafts).   
    • I see all of your points. Law has the following to say about the draft overall; "I’ve said a few times that this MLB draft class is one of the weakest I’ve ever seen, ,,," I wonder if he picking White due to the fact that the area the O's are picking in is not nearly as laden with talent as previous years and he thinks they might go underslot for a flawed power prospect like White. I found it an interesting pick as well.
    • Whether it is Juan Soto, Corey Seager or Yordan Alvarez, I think building a pen for the AL playoffs the Cionel guy will win tiebreaks over the Baumann guy this early. I hope they really get crowded out with multiple strong performers but if July only brings 1 fancy thing, Cionel and Coulombe can start preparing. If the big 3 starters hold together, even Means and Irvin get smushed to that role.
    • Hyde is saying it will be a six man rotation soon so arguably Irvin doesn't count. DFA Perez would have made it 5/2 among the "permanent" bullpen guys. Plus Perez has stretches when he is lights out. If he finds it at the right time he could be a weapon in October. 
  • Popular Contributors