April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke gets a gift from Carlos Quentin, or if you believe the Chicago announcers, the stadium lights which blind the left field on balls hit to a certain part of the field. How many bazillion dollars did they just spend on a modern ballpark and the lighting engineers couldn't figure out how to light the field properly?

Ugh. Poor Guillermo. We seriously jinxed him. He's having a brutal day.

What is impressing me about D Cab this start is that he isn't getting discouraged. He has three walks but no inning did he have more than one. Also hes averaging less than 15 pitches per inning which is about what you want from a pitcher.

Lets hope that holds true here this 1/2 inning...come on DCAB, you've seen lead off walks kill you SO many times in the past!

Still only 58 pitches by Daniel to this point. He stands a decent chance of getting us through 7 innings, which would be nice considering the heavy use of the pen over the weekend.

I think today's game could say a lot about the season. Adverse circumstances, we need this game to split the series and have a winning road trip, and we need Daniel to go deep. He's by far the most talented pitcher on our staff, if he could step up and become a stopper for us (which he has looked a bit like so far) it would be huge in terms of our progress both for this year and for the next several. Everyone feel free to kill me for it if he falls apart now. :o

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Seems like there's a chance he goes on IL today with a calf strain, though he has avoided the IL in recent years when similarly banged up.  Pretty curious who they would bring up. Kjerstad is most deserving but not really a good 1:1 for Hays' RH bat + defense combo. McKenna is an option. Burdick. Norby maybe. 
    • He can be traded or he can play here but if he stays here, they will find him the at bats. Every team every year has guys getting several hundred at bats that aren’t very good. Norby is good, so you can find those at bats.
    • Or Jimi--they shd amp it up during the anthem
    • Are those ABs for the Orioles or another MLB franchise? Because the only ABs that I can see for him right now is as a RH DH or to take Hays’ role (temporarily) if there is an injury and that makes the assumption he can cover the OF in a competent way defensively. I am not trying to besmirch Norby’s talent. I think he is absolutely a big leaguer, who has earned a promotion. I just don’t see it being with this org, given the shape/tilt of the roster and makeup of talent throughout the org. The fact is that we have graduated 5 prospects (not including Holliday who still has prospect status) to the Majors. - 5 position players (1 traded away) and 1 pitcher. And we have what, another 4 top position player prospects ahead of Norby (including Holliday). And ZERO top pitching prospects. I get that some (not saying you) have this notion that all our prospects MUST one day play for the Orioles. But with the lack of top end pitching prospects combined with Burnes pending FA and the iffiness of Bradish’s health, we are going to need the pitching to come from somewhere.
    • There are so many examples of LHP with movement and location over stuff. He never really had the blow it by you stuff,so I’m surprised it’s taken him this long to alter his plan. Just like Suarez he can definitely have 2 more starts pending Bradish return.
    • This is a reason I don’t want to sign him long term. I think he’s going to be a very solid guy for the next several years but I’m not paying him ace level money.  Just don’t see him being that good 3+ years from now. If we could sign him for 5/200 or less, I would do it but that’s not likely to get it done.
    • '21 - 12.6 K/9 '22 - 10.8 K/9 '23 -9.3 K/9
  • Popular Contributors