O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is DD done trading or can we expect a bullpen move to get a lefty? Think Santana is still a possibility?

I really don't see us taking on Santana's contract with all the money we have tied up right now. Wouldn't surprise me to see us add 1 RP.

So is DD done trading or can we expect a bullpen move to get a lefty? Think Santana is still a possibility?

Only way is if we plan on taking gallardo off rotation or bundy back to pen.

Tillman, gausman, gallardo, bundy, and miley.

I don't think DD is done yet. We will at least get a lefty reliever. If Macphail wants comp pick value for Hellickson, couldn't we just make the future comp pick as a PTBNL?

Assuming we keep getting lucky in that lottery. The lottery isn't till the offseason now.

The deal must close within six months of the conclusion of the rest of the trade.

And Andy wants a first round plus.

Wade WHO...

Ok We ate the Salary and gave up Miranda no biggie hope he lights it up here.

OK better question what are the odds he gets thru the physical clean?

It's not pending physical. It was pending exchange of medicals. Which cleared.

Cannon fodder. But better than Ubaldo. Potentially better than Gallardo. Doesn't say much.

Eh, I have a feeling Miranda can put up similar numbers to Wade. For much lead. Maybe I'm too high on him?

Miley has shown to be an adequate major league back of the rotation guy. Certainly not great, but he has pitched lots of innings and has never been so bad that he has had to be demoted from the rotation a la Norris 2015 or Jimenez 2016.

That is certainly something we could have used all year.

So if you really believe Miranda can be that, where are your posts over the last few months suggesting he be brought up and put in the rotation?

For that matter, has anyone been suggesting that? I don't recall anyone. We can certainly debate Miley's quality. But he is clearly a viable major league starter. If anyone thought Miranda was that, why weren't they beating the drum on OH to bring him up and put him in the rotation?

Archived