vs. PHILLIES, 2/28

scOtt

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NCRaven said:

Seen him a lot?  Got a personal scouting report?  Only know what I've read so a first hand account is always welcome.

Yeah. I live not far from Bowie and went to a lot of games last season. There is a reason I haven't been high on Sisco as the #1 prospect for the Orioles, as a catcher. His bat is great. But his defense wasn't all that good (pitchers didn't throw "junk" pitches in the dirt as much with him as they did with other catchers that came through Bowie), his footwork and release on throws are slow. Granted, this is the first year I've actually watched him, so I don't know how far he has come since he started catching. He has a decent arm, so that hid some of his mechanic issues, but if he stays behind the plate in Baltimore...The pitchers will either have to have some great pickoff moves to keep guys real close, or other teams will make the basepaths look like Olympic time trials. He also has a lanky frame in person, which might not hold up all that well to a beating as a major league catcher.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yeah. I live not far from Bowie and went to a lot of games last season. There is a reason I haven't been high on Sisco as the #1 prospect for the Orioles, as a catcher. His bat is great. But his defense wasn't all that good (pitchers didn't throw "junk" pitches in the dirt as much with him as they did with other catchers that came through Bowie), his footwork and release on throws are slow. Granted, this is the first year I've actually watched him, so I don't know how far he has come since he started catching. He has a decent arm, so that hid some of his mechanic issues, but if he stays behind the plate in Baltimore...The pitchers will either have to have some great pickoff moves to keep guys real close, or other teams will make the basepaths look like Olympic time trials. He also has a lanky frame in person, which might not hold up all that well to a beating as a major league catcher.

Thanks.

Sedlock getting a lot of choppers but he's definitely missing too much in the middle of the plate. They definitely are teeing off on his stuff though. Obviously he's not having the outing that anyone associated with the orioles would like. I will say the stuff I saw last year was much better than this so it may have been nerves or just a bad day.

Archived