vs. PHILLIES, 2/28

scOtt

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Sedlock getting a lot of choppers but he's definitely missing too much in the middle of the plate. They definitely are teeing off on his stuff though. Obviously he's not having the outing that anyone associated with the orioles would like. I will say the stuff I saw last year was much better than this so it may have been nerves or just a bad day.

Could the level of competition be a difference too?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, terps19 said:

He is just throwing fastballs or whatever he throws... havent seen many offspeed pitches at all.  

I saw a curve, slider and change, but he wasn't throwing them much. he was relying on his sinking fastball that he was leaving too much in the middle of the plate. He's better than this obviously, or at least he was last year when i saw him.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Could the level of competition be a difference too?

Well of course there's a difference in competition, but I've been scouting for more than a day and i know that his stuff isn't as crisp as it was last year when I saw him.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What level was the competition?  Not like he was facing a parade of major league hitters.

No idea. Game isn't on MASN or the radio and I'm not streaming it, so I don't know who the Phillies are throwing up there to swing. But even going from Short A to AAA hitters might be a reason for the struggle.

Hopefully someone can chime in and saw what the Phillies level is.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I saw a curve, slider and change, but he wasn't throwing them much. he was relying on his sinking fastball that he was leaving too much in the middle of the plate. He's better than this obviously, or at least he was last year when i saw him.

Ah... well my feed keeps going crappy to good thanks to 3G streaming at work.  I thought I saw one change, but if he was throwing offspeed I dont think many were for strikes.  Sit FB until they prove then can throw an offspeed pitch for a strike was likely the approach against Sedlock.  But this is his first ST game, so Im sure he is better than that.  

I watched the inning on MLB.TV. He was getting squeezed a bunch on biting fastball. There was an IF hit that was very close to being an error and a missed DP if it was Schoop and Manny. Two home runs were just grooved fastballs. Not all bad he hung around 91 but got it up to 94. 

Archived