Ryan Adams keeps a hot hand...

Lucky Jim

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs to be moved to left field. The Orioles have a huge shortage of outfield prospects and his 29 errors at second base this year pretty clearly shows he's not going to be a second baseman.

His bat has been quite a surprise this year.

He needs to be moved to left field. The Orioles have a huge shortage of outfield prospects and his 29 errors at second base this year pretty clearly shows he's not going to be a second baseman.

His bat has been quite a surprise this year.

29 errors?? Holy Jeez.

I'm assuming they're mostly booting ground balls, as it's fairly hard to mess up that throw from 2nd to 1st unless your last name is Knoblauch...right?

29 errors through May 28th? If he wasn't hitting .300, I'd put a suicide watch on the poor guy. Seriously, give him credit for not letting the frustration he must be feeling - stop him from hitting well. That's character showing. And put him in the OF.

4-5 with 2 2B and an RBI.

Now hitting on the year:

.301	43	146	19	44	12	1	2	17	64	13	43	3	1	.363	.438	.801

Of course, he did commit three more errors.

Makes you wonder where the O's could move him to, if he continues to hit, but continues to play aweful in the field. Maybe a few games in the OF would be worth a try.

Why not use this as an opportunity? Move Henson to SS - where he could have much more value in the long run, move Tucker to 2B, and bring in Tyler Kolodny - who hit so well last year - to play 3B. And, of course, put Adams in LF. It's a win win win, and that way - you're not singling out Adams.

29 errors?? Holy Jeez.

I'm assuming they're mostly booting ground balls, as it's fairly hard to mess up that throw from 2nd to 1st unless your last name is Knoblauch...right?

Hey... Freddie Bynum made errors at almost that rate in the minors and he's an "everyday shortstop" in the majors now! :rolleyestf:

29 errors?? Holy Jeez.

That's apparently is his problem. He's got that Steve Sax syndrome where he can't make the throws. I'm impressed myself that he hasn't let it effect his hitting.

Why not use this as an opportunity? Move Henson to SS - where he could have much more value in the long run, move Tucker to 2B, and bring in Tyler Kolodny - who hit so well last year - to play 3B. And, of course, put Adams in LF. It's a win win win, and that way - you're not singling out Adams.

I'd actually prefer Henson at second base since he was moved from short because of concerns over his build. I could see Henson as a Jeff Kent type second baseman.

I'd actually prefer Henson at second base since he was moved from short because of concerns over his build. I could see Henson as a Jeff Kent type second baseman.

That's similar to my views as well. I think of Henson as a 2B more than SS/3B. While he's quicker than Kent is/was, he may not hit for the power that Kent has. Either way Henson is a good prospect and one we hope makes it to the show to see how he works out. :)

Sounds good to me - and he did have trouble at SS last year. He'd certainly have more potential value as a middle infielder than as a 3Bman. The bottom line is to develop your better prospects, and the decision to move him to 3B probably didn't make sense in that regard, imo.

Archived