Scouting Report on Brian Matusz -- Draft Preview

Brian Matusz's scouting report has been completed -- he comes in at #3 on my draft board. I'd consider it a toss-up between him, Posey and Smoak if all three are available. T-Bex and Alvarez are my two preferred.

I'm turning to rounds 2-5 next, totalling 20 players I think BAL should look at in those 4 rounds.

Thoughts on Matusz other than "We shouldn't take a pitcher"? I wasn't as bothered with his mechanics as many. Seems like a pretty easily correctable flaw, especially since his delivery is so repeatable. Love his frame!

Brian Matusz's scouting report has been completed -- he comes in at #3 on my draft board. I'd consider it a toss-up between him, Posey and Smoak if all three are available. T-Bex and Alvarez are my two preferred.

I'm turning to rounds 2-5 next, totalling 20 players I think BAL should look at in those 4 rounds.

Thoughts on Matusz other than "We shouldn't take a pitcher"? I wasn't as bothered with his mechanics as many. Seems like a pretty easily correctable flaw, especially since his delivery is so repeatable. Love his frame!

I agree with this. I think it's a simple adjustment. Also, when he does make the adjustment I think it will add a few MPH to his fastball.

Archived