Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

I really like the Beckham deal if it is just Myers. Kind of a rich man's Ryan Flaherty for three arbitration years.

Position players are pretty much set for 18 if Hays makes team. If not only spot really open. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

How attractive does the offer have to be for someone like Smith?

Pulse, check.

Pay Smith's salary, check.

Deal.

And do you think anyone even wanted that?   Most contenders already have someone as good or better.   I never felt there was much of a market for him.   Or Castillo.   And I think when you see what Lucroy got the Rangers, you would have to agree with me on Castillo.

Going for it in 2018. All the signs were pointing that way. Not a prospect although he was pitching great. We needed to do something about JJ and this fills the hole. Helps us now if we make a crazy run, and will definitely help next year. Tobias was not a prospect and we stink at developing pitchers, so I like this deal!

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How attractive does the offer have to be for someone like Smith?

Pulse, check.

Pay *some portion of* Smith's salary, check.

Deal.

fixed that for you.  I would have taken almost anything for Smith.  O'Day too.  Britton I would have required an actual ballplayer for, but I might have been willing to lower my expectations on him too.  I would have held out for a decent offer on Britton.

Archived