Santander

OriolesMagic83

o

This was the 100th home run ever to each Eutaw Street ........ the first ever was on April 20th of 1992, by Tiger Mickey Tettleton against his former team.

(vs. INDIANS, 6/29)

NUMBER 4

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

This was the 100th home run ever to each Eutaw Street ........ the first ever was on April 20th of 1992, by Tiger Mickey Tettleton against his former team.

(vs. INDIANS, 6/29)

NUMBER 4

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

o

More than a quarter of a Century ago ........

o

• 3 weeks later...

o

Bite the weenie, Red Sox fans.

(vs. RED SOX, 7/19)

NUMBER 5

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

o

This was Santander's 3rd home run in his last 5 games.

(vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 7/23)

NUMBER 7

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

Not sure whether this has been noted, but I just realized that with Santander being in the minors through June 6th (except for being the 26th man in the May 1st doubleheader), he will accrue 116 days of service time this season. That will leave him at 1 year and 162 days of service time at the end of the season, leaving him ten days short of two years of service time.

I'm not sure whether this was intentional or not (he wasn't exactly tearing up Norfolk), but if he sticks in the Majors he will now not be eligible for free agency until after the 2024 season. He will be a Super 2 after the 2020 season.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Not sure whether this has been noted, but I just realized that with Santander being in the minors through June 6th (except for being the 26th man in the May 1st doubleheader), he will accrue 116 days of service time this season. That will leave him at 1 year and 162 days of service time at the end of the season, leaving him ten days short of two years of service time.

I'm not sure whether this was intentional or not (he wasn't exactly tearing up Norfolk), but if he sticks in the Majors he will now not be eligible for free agency until after the 2024 season. He will be a Super 2 after the 2020 season.

Not intentional.  Santander wouldn’t have been called up at all if Stewart hadn’t hurt his ankle.   He wasn’t doing that great at Norfolk.   But they needed him to replace Stewart, and he’s capitalized on that opportunity so far.  

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander has been one of the best players in baseball the last 15 games, .918 OPS. 

In a season where we need answers. I think it’s getting as close as it can get for us to call him a solution in the OF for the future. 

He's 121st in the majors in OPS in July (min 15 PAs).  It's nice to be in the top half of the league in hitting for three weeks.