2018 AA - Bowie Baysox

DirtyBird

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

Anyone going to the home opener tonight? I'll be there freezing my balls off! :) Can't wait though! Go Baysox-great team! Still think Hays and Mullings belong in AAA (Hays in the majors soon).

I'll be there.

I'll be the guy running to the hot chocolate line every half inning for the wife...

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I’ll be interested to read your impressions of the two newbies, Feliz and Cervenka.   Overall there’s only one guy in this lineup who spent all last year in Frederick (Rifaela).   So, not a lot of new stuff to see tonight.    Have fun!

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be interested to read your impressions of the two newbies, Feliz and Cervenka.   Overall there’s only one guy in this lineup who spent all last year in Frederick (Rifaela).   So, not a lot of new stuff to see tonight.    Have fun!

Feliz played for the Lancaster Barnstormers!

Joseph Fitzhenry

Baysox Drop Wild Opener in 13th, 10-9

Harrisburg Plates Four in Top of the 13th

BOWIE, Md. – The Harrisburg Senators (1-0) scored four runs in the top of the 13th to pick up a 10-9 win over the Bowie Baysox (0-1) in the 2018 season opener on Thursday night at Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie.

Yadiel Hernandez delivered a go-ahead RBI single and Zach Collier came through with a three-run shot to provide the runs in the 13th inning for Harrisburg.

RHP Lucas Long (1.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 3 ER) was dealt the loss for the Baysox and falls to 0-1 on the year.

RHP Kaleb Fleck (2.0 IP, H, R, 0 ER, 3 K) got the win for Harrisburg to improve to 1-0.

Martin Cervenka delivered an RBI single and Cedric Mullins came through with a two-run single to bring the Baysox within a run at 10-9, but RHP Roman Mendez (1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, K) got Mike Yastrzemski to fly to right and end the game.

The two teams traded runs in the 10th and 11th innings as part of Minor League Baseball’s new extra innings rule with a runner starting at second base in the inning. Mullins tied things for the Baysox in the 11th with a two-out RBI triple into the left centerfield gap.

Anderson Feliz gave the Baysox a 4-3 lead briefly with a two-run shot in the bottom of the seventh off of LHP Ismael Guillon (1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 K) before Harrisburg’s Jacob Wilson tied it at four with a solo shot in the top of the eighth off of RHP Ryan Meisinger (1.2 IP, 3 H, R, ER, 2 BB, 2 K).

Harrisburg grabbed a 2-0 lead on the strength of a two-run single from Zach Collier in the second after a pair of walks issued by Baysox starter John Means.

In the home half of the frame, Feliz reached on an error charged to Senators SS Osvaldo Abreu, took second on a balk and scored two batters later on Cervenka’s RBI single to cut the lead in half.

The Senators stretched the lead to 3-1 in the fifth as Collier reached with a one-out single, went to third on a single and scored on Daniel Johnson’s sac fly.

Cervenka struck again in the sixth with an RBI single that scored Feliz and brought the Baysox within a run at 3-2.

Means (n/d) gave up the three runs on three hits while walking three and fanning four in five innings of work.

Harrisburg starter Brady Dragmire (n/d) allowed two runs (one earned) on seven hits to go along with a walk and three strikeouts in 5.2 IP.

LHP Paul Fry (2.0 IP, H, BB, 2 K) had a scoreless outing in relief for the Baysox, while Cervenka (3-6, 3 RBI), Feliz (2-6, HR, 2 RBI, 4 R), Adrian Marin (2-5, BB, R) and Mullins (2-7, 3B, 3 RBI) all had multi-hit contests.

14 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Dad worked for them from 2005-2007. I loved going to Lancaster games.

I used to work up in York, PA many years ago so that is how I saw many of their games. That's awesome! Great job!

Joseph Fitzhenry

BOWIE, Md. – RHP Jordan Kipper allowed one run over seven strong innings and the Bowie Baysox (1-1) notched their first win of the 2018 season with a 6-1 win over the Harrisburg Senators (1-1) on Friday night at Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie.

Kipper (1-0) gave up one run on four hits and tied his career-high with eight strikeouts over his 7.0 IP. RHP Matthew Grimes (2.0 IP, H, BB, 3 K) tossed a pair of scoreless innings in relief for Bowie.

Kipper had previously fanned eight on two occasions with the last time coming on May 17, 2016 for Arkansas (AA).

The Baysox got on the board in the home half of the second as Aderlin Rodriguez led off with a single, took second on an error charged to Harrisburg 3B Kelvin Gutierrez and scored later in the frame on Corban Joseph’s RBI single.

Trailing 1-0 in the top of the fifth, the Senators threatened following a leadoff double from Dan Gamache, but Kipper fanned Yadiel Hernandezand Osvaldo Abreu to end the inning.

Bowie extended the lead to 2-0 in the home half of the frame as Martin Cervenka reached with a two-out double and scored on Erick Salcedo’sRBI single.

Austin Hays’ two-run blast in the sixth off of Senators starter Jefry Rodriguez made it a 4-0 game in favor of the hosts. The home run was Hays’ first of the year. Bowie added another run later in the frame on a pair of throwing errors.

Rodriguez (0-1) allowed the five runs (three earned) on seven hits to go along with a walk and six strikeouts in 5.1 IP.

Jacob Wilson’s solo shot in the top of the seventh put Harrisburg on the board and cut the lead to 5-1.

Bowie quickly responded in the home half of the frame as Cervenka doubled to start the frame and once again scored on Salcedo’s RBI single.

Joseph struck again with an RBI single in the eighth to make it a 7-1 game in favor of the Baysox.

Joseph Fitzhenry

BOWIE, Md.- The Bowie Baysox (1-2) managed just five hits in a 4-0 loss to the Harrisburg Senators (2-1) on a cold Saturday afternoon at Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie.

Senators starter Logan Darnell (1-0) surrendered three hits to go along with three strikeouts over five shutout innings. RHP Austen Williams (2.0 IP, 2 H, K) and RHP Derek Self (2.0 IP, K) fired the final four innings in relief of Darnell.

Harrisburg jumped out to a 2-0 lead with three straight two-out doubles in the first from Jacob Wilson, Dan Gamache and Kelvin Gutierrez.

In the top of the second, Khayyan Norfork hit a two-run shot off of Baysox starter Keegan Akin to stretch the Senator lead to 4-0.

Akin (0-1) allowed four runs on four hits while walking three and fanning six in four innings of work in his Double-A debut.

Anderson Feliz, Austin Hays, Corban Joseph, Cedric Mullins andAudry Perez collected singles in the contest for Bowie.

RHP Tanner Chleborad (2.0 IP, 2 H, BB, K), LHP Luis Ysla (2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 K) and RHP Jay Flaa (1.0 IP) combined to toss five scoreless innings of relief for manager Gary Kendall’s squad

I was Anderson Feliz' host mom in 2015 in Lancaster...what a great young man. We've kept in touch ever since. I'm sure you will be happy with his play...he's very talented in all aspects of the game!  Glad to see he has started out the year with some offense! If he gets his time to play he will continue to hit!

Archived