2018-19 Offseason Tracker

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Aderlin Rodriguez has signed a minors contract with SD.

Also got a Spring Training invite. 

Not that the MiLB numbers are big factors or anything, but the Orioles lost the two players who tied for the organizational lead in home runs last season with Rodriguez and Wilson Garcia both being gone as they each had 23.

The next closest? 17, by Corban Joseph (now with Oakland) and Preston Palmeiro. Martin Cervenka (15) rounds out the top 5. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

They can put him on the 40 without starting his service clock.

You have to take the long view on things this important.

As John Hart might say, "Look!  Sig Mejdal has some work to do.  But, some special sauce, a bit of magic dust, some tweaks - then turn him over to the analytic geeks for further tweaking.  Let's see how this all pans out this summer.  I have a lot of faith in these guys!"

20 hours ago, bobmc said:

As John Hart might say, "Look!  Sig Mejdal has some work to do.  But, some special sauce, a bit of magic dust, some tweaks - then turn him over to the analytic geeks for further tweaking.  Let's see how this all pans out this summer.  I have a lot of faith in these guys!"

Or he might say "Look! I'm not banned from baseball. I do guest segments on a network that talks about baseball!"

• 2 weeks later...

The Orioles have signed international free agent Lians Beato.

I checked google, IG, twitter, and Facebook and only came up with one result: FB had a Dominican hitter named Lians Mauricio Lazala who also goes by Luis Elians Beato. He hasn’t posted anything of note in over a year, dunno if it’s our guy.

Archived