CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It's real easy to forget how good Chris is when he gets hot. He makes us forget about it with his brutally long, cold stretches.  But when he's going good, it's a beautiful thing to watch. 

I bet you could have found people that would have taken the under on 35 HRs a week ago. Sure, he strikes out too often but he really does have the ability to carry this club.

4 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Chris Davis is suddenly OPSing 892.

Yeah, funny how that works.    Hopefully he can stay hot for a while.    I think we're going to need some more high-scoring games to win in the next couple of weeks.  

• Upvote 1

o

I just heard on Sportscenter that Chris Davis became the first player in the history of Major League Baseball to hit 2 go-ahead home runs in the 12th inning or later of a game.

o

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I just heard on Sportscenter that Chris Davis became the first player in the history of Major League Baseball to hit 2 go-ahead home runs in the 12th inning or later of a game.

o

o

Davis is also the first franchise player (1901-Present) to hit 2 extra-inning, go-ahead home runs since Vern Stephens did it for the Browns back on September 29th, 1943 ......... and the first player in Orioles club history (1954-present) to have done it at all. 

Mike Young hit 2 extra-inning home runs for the Orioles in 1987, but the first one only tied the game.

o

o

"Two Extra-Inning Home Runs in a Game by One Player"

7 Fact(s) Found

September 29, 1943 Vern Stephens becomes the first player to hit two extra-inning home runs in the same game. The Browns shortstop puts St. Louis ahead with a solo shot in the 11th, and after the Red Sox tie the score in the bottom of the frame he goes deep again in the 13th with the eventual winning run in the team's 4-3 victory at Fenway Park.
June 14, 1963 At Cleveland Stadium, Willie Kirkland becomes just the second major leaguer, joining Vern Stephens, to hit two extra-inning home runs in the same game. The Indian outfielder's 11th inning round-tripper ties the game at two runs apiece, and his homer in the 19th results in a 3-2 walk-off victory over Washington, extending the Senators' losing streak to ten games. 
August 12, 1966 In a game which featured a total of 11 home runs, the Reds' Art Shamsky, who came in as a defensive replacement, hits three round-trippers in a 14-11, 13-inning loss to the Pirates at Crosley Field. Cincinnati's new left fielder's eighth inning home run put the team ahead and his 10th and 11th inning shots, equaling the major league mark for round trippers hit in extra innings, tied the game.
May 17, 1971 With his walk-off homer, Ralph Garr ties a major league record for the most round-trippers in extra innings when he goes deep in the 10th and 12th frames in the Braves' 4-3 victory over New York. The Atlanta left-fielder, called the 'Road Runner' by his teammates, is the fourth player to accomplish the feat, and the first to do so since 1966, when Art Shamsky went yard in the 10th and 11th in a losing cause for the Reds at Crosley Field.
May 28, 1987 Mike Young becomes only the fifth major leaguer to hit two extra-inning home runs in the same game when he goes deep in the 10th and 12th frames. The Orioles DH's second overtime round-tripper gives the Birds an 8-7 walk-off victory over the Halos at Memorial Stadium.
September 4, 2013 Matt Adams becomes the seventh major leaguer to hit two home runs in extra innings of the same game, when he goes deep twice in the Cardinals’ 5-4 victory over Cincinnati. The Cardinal first baseman, who entered the game in the fourth inning, hits solo homers in the top of the 14th and 16th frames, with his second blast proving to be the difference in the Great American Ball Park contest.
June 4, 2013 After tying the game in the tenth inning with a home run off Steve Cishek, John Mayberry Jr. hits his first career bases-full round-tripper with two outs in the bottom of the 11th to give the Phillies a 7-3 walk-off victory over Miami at Citizens Bank Park. The Philadelphia outfielder, who entered the contest in the seventh frame as a pinch hitter, ties a major league record shared by five other players for the most round-trippers hit in extra innings in one game.

http://www.nationalpastime.com/site/index.php?query=Two+Extra+Inning+Home+Runs+in+a+Game+by+One+Player

May 16, 2017 Chris Davis hits go-ahead home runs in the 12th and 13th innings to give the Baltimore Orioles a 13-11 victory over the Detroit Tigers.

o

• Upvote 1

Chris is magic in extra innings.  Remember that game in Boston where he pitched an inning or so of shutout ball in extras (or at least that's how I remember it)?  As I recall he was throwing mid-90s w/ a decent change-up, and struck out Adrian Gonzalez.  In fact, I bet he could pitch better than half our bullpen at the moment... 

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Davis is also the first franchise player (1901-Present) to hit 2 extra-inning, go-ahead home runs since Vern Stephens did it for the Browns back on September 29th, 1943 ......... and the first player in Orioles club history (1954-present) to have done it at all. 

Mike Young hit 2 extra-inning home runs for the Orioles in 1987, but the first one only tied the gam

Please stop talking about the St. Louis Browns.  I just cant bare it any longer.  Thank you for your Orioles information.