Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't but I respect the right of those that bought tickets to boo all they want.

Totally agree. If you don't want to be booed it's pretty simple how to avoid it. Play better or go away.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Last season he was "benched indefinitely" in June. Will it take that long this year?

I hope not. Some have said Spring Training is a small sample size. That's not true here. He has been hideous for a much larger sample size.  I don't think he can be fixed. Too many issues at once.

Just now, Satyr3206 said:

I hope not. Some have said Spring Training is a small sample size. That's not true here. He has been hideous for a much larger sample size.  I don't think he can be fixed. Too many issues at once.

You could fix half his issues and he'd improve all the way up to replacement level.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's hitting .083 and striking out in 50% of his plate appearances.  If he's doing that and playing regularly at the ASB he needs to stay in the lineup through the bitter end, in the name of science.  I want to say I was there the year Chris Davis went 48-for-600 with 322 strikeouts.

Maybe we can embarrass him into taking a buyout.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Maybe we can embarrass him into taking a buyout.

Maybe the team will man up and do what needs to be done.  Some of the players on the next decent Orioles team are already known and in the system.  A few of them will play at the ML level in 2019.  They need to know two things: firstly that players will be given a fair shot to succeed even if it includes a little patience - it could be them someday.  Secondly that patience has limits, because the rest of the team deserves a fighting chance every day to win.  Nobody walks out on the field not caring about the final score, even if it's a "rebuilding" year. That thought process is for fans and "experts" and anybody else who isn't actually playing.

Sooner or later CD has to produce at at least replacement level or he has to go for the sake of the rest of the team.  Include me in the group that thinks that decision has to be made sometime this year.  But I'll have to be convinced before I'll believe it will be done in some smarmy, backhanded, passive-aggressive way by the new Orioles management.  I just don't get that vibe.

• Upvote 3