Karns to IL (forearm strain), Phillips up

interloper

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes he was a lot better the spring, you’re exactly right. I don’t know what quality of opposition he was facing, and I do not know how he has been in past spring trainings(Springs Training?) I’m just hoping he’s good.

Per BB-ref, the quality he was facing was pretty low.    The stats show “Opp Qual” of 6.4, which is slightly lower than AA on average.   (AA = 7, A+ = 5).    

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per BB-ref, the quality he was facing was pretty low.    The stats show “Opp Qual” of 6.4, which is slightly lower than AA on average.   (AA = 7, A+ = 5).    

Well, that is a harbinger of doom. Last year his opposition was pretty high...yessir...pre tee high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 12:16 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(MAY 5th)

Theres nothing new with reliever Nate Karns ........ hes flying out of Baltimore later today, and getting a second opinion Monday on his right forearm.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/05/notes-on-cobb-karns-severino-and-the-weather.html

o

o

(MAY 7th)

MRI on Karns’ Elbow Comes Back Clean

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/05/mri-on-karns-elbow-comes-back-clean.html

o

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh that's right, Karns is on the team.

He was the big free agent signing. I guess injuries got him again.?

The Orioles' major league free agent drought ended Thursday with an agreement to sign right-hander Nate Karns, the team announced, adding the 31-year-old on a modest deal after he missed most of the past two seasons with injuries.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nate-karns-20190207-story.html

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Was.  

Josh Lucas, welcome to the suck.

I can't wait for this guy to get healthy and join the fray!  He seemed so promising!  ⚾  He keeps appearing at the bottom of the page.

gregory-infante-05151-696x392.jpg

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I guess he has been on the IL since April 9th, so he could come back in June .Not sure it matters .But heard veteran presence is important.

If there's one thing I've learned anecdotally about veteran presence is that veterans get into rhythms of "this is just how it's done, this is just how it is". I find that rookies, unencumbered by past experience, generally do better putting effort into tasks that may well be "hopeless". This team seems hungrier than last years team and it's because the GM is new, the manager is new, the team has a lot of new faces, and they're all just figuring out what works and what doesn't, rather than having someone else tell it to them.

Grizzled veterans will beat youthful exuberance out of you for no good reason.

Archived