Austin Hays 2019

Frobby

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm done with him.  Sorry.  Can't stay healthy.  What was it last year?  And then again to start this season?  And then this?

He missed a few weeks with an injury during his first season in Aberdeen as well.  

He's had about five separate injuries over his three years in the organization at this point that has caused him to miss chunks of time.  To be fair, he was healthy all of 2017.  

I'm not done.  He could still end up in Baltimore THIS season. But it's becoming a concern.  

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He missed a few weeks with an injury during his first season in Aberdeen as well.  

He's had about five separate injuries over his three years in the organization at this point that has caused him to miss chunks of time.  To be fair, he was healthy all of 2017.  

I'm not done.  He could still end up in Baltimore THIS season. But it's becoming a concern.  

I dunno man, 5 injuries over 3 years is a lot.  Some guys are just more durable than others and being Orioles fans we should know this better than anyone.   On one end of the spectrum you've got a guy like Ripken, on the other end you've got the Reimold/Loewen crowd.

You can't watch Hays run the bases or dive for a ball in the outfield without wondering if he just pulled or tweaked something.  Reimold, IIRC, was the exact same way.  Dude was a walking DL trip before he got to Baltimore, did nothing to change that once he got here.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Thanks for the diagnosis, doctor.

Running out a grounder.  Coming up limp and grabbing the back of his leg.  It doesn't take a genius to speculate on what the injury is.  

Hopefully he just tweaked it in a little, but typically these are multi-week injuries. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

Running out a grounder.  Coming up limp and grabbing the back of his leg.  It doesn't take a genius to speculate on what the injury is.  

Hopefully he just tweaked it in a little, but typically these are multi-week injuries. 

Or he just tweaked something. Get out of here with this minimum of two weeks stuff.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Or he just tweaked something. Get out of here with this minimum of two weeks stuff.

Okay.  I'll eat my words if he's back in the lineup this week. 

I can think of many times I've seen a player exit the game with a hamstring injury.  I can't think of any instances where they were back in the lineup the following day.  

15 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

“Typically?”    Sometimes they are, sometimes they’re not.   

12 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Yeah this is getting silly. He's starting to feel like the Hunter Harvey of position players. That said, it could totally be a cramp who knows.