Camden Yards to Bus Station

O's fan 11

31 minutes ago, O's fan 11 said:

Is it safe to walk from Oriole Park to bus station at 2110 Haines Street after a night game? If not, is there taxi service available at the stadium? I'd hate to use a taxi, Uber, Lyft - it seems like it's a short one mile walk. Would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

OPACY is safe at night before, during and after games.

There are extra police pressence to ensure this.

Of course, there is no guarantee in life.

Same thing applies, to any street you walk at night.

You keep your phone in your pocket.

You keep the ear buds out of your ears.

You try and walk with others, and not lone wolf it.

And like driving, you scan the sidewalk around you, and not walk, like you have blinders on and only see 1 foot in front of you.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, O's fan 11 said:

Is it safe to walk from Oriole Park to bus station at 2110 Haines Street after a night game? If not, is there taxi service available at the stadium? I'd hate to use a taxi, Uber, Lyft - it seems like it's a short one mile walk. Would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Yes it’s safe

• Upvote 1

if you feel a little unsafe then take Uber or Lyft. i know Uber has a designated spot outside the stadium. Not sure how much of a surge charge you would have to pay But I  guess maybe $10.00 if you get a surge charge,maybe $7.50 or so if you don't.

.Hope they have not moved the location but I know it is outside the stadium.

https://content.mlb.com/documents/7/3/8/257377738/ballpark_map.pdf

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

No one has been murdered in that area since 2015.  So 4 years since the last killing.  

What is “that area?”    And what were the circumstances?

I’ve walked from Camden Yards to the lot at Penn and Pratt Streets many times after games and never felt the slightest bit unsafe, because there were plenty of other people out on the streets then.   Not sure I’d want to make that same walk at 2 a.m. or in the middle of the offseason when fewer people are around.    (And I’m not saying I wouldn’t, just that the calculus would be different.)  I don’t know if there are issues with that route to the bus station after games.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What is “that area?”    And what were the circumstances?

I’ve walked from Camden Yards to the lot at Penn and Pratt Streets many times after games and never felt the slightest bit unsafe, because there were plenty of other people out on the streets then.   Not sure I’d want to make that same walk at 2 a.m. or in the middle of the offseason when fewer people are around.    (And I’m not saying I wouldn’t, just that the calculus would be different.)  I don’t know if there are issues with that route to the bus station after games.

Says a 32 year old woman was found near the trash incenrator strangled.  That is pretty close to the bus station.  Really sad to think all the people getting murdered in the city.  

Thursday for anyone going to the game could be messy. President coming to Baltimore and some Natural Food conference and show at the Convention Center. Supposedly 20,000 attendees. They are not sure exactly when the President is coming but some streets may be blocked off.It is on the other side of the harbor but streets will be closed or blocked.Also some protests expected. 

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Not safe to walk anywhere in Baltimore after dark... people can flame out but that is my opinion and almost everyone I know.

Yep, the OPACY parking lot is pretty much the same as a slum in Lagos or Venezuela.  It's a well known fact that over 30,000 fans try to go to an average game, but most of them are kidnapped by Boko Haram.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, atomic said:

Says a 32 year old woman was found near the trash incenrator strangled.  That is pretty close to the bus station.  Really sad to think all the people getting murdered in the city.  

Wow, that’s an ugly story.   Not really clear if she was murdered at the incinerator facility or killed somewhere else, dumped in the trash and then discovered at the facility.    https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/dundalk/bs-md-co-womans-body-found-20150421-story,amp.html

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that’s an ugly story.   Not really clear if she was murdered at the incinerator facility or killed somewhere else, dumped in the trash and then discovered at the facility.    https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/dundalk/bs-md-co-womans-body-found-20150421-story,amp.html

Someone was killed on Russell St in 2008 by the Football Stadium. No details.  A lot of people killed on Hamburg St on the other side of Cal Ripken Way over the years.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There are crimes in big cities and rural america every day, sadly.

This is not close to OPACY or was a baseball game remotely the cause of her demise.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Someone was killed on Russell St in 2008 by the Football Stadium. No details.  A lot of people killed on Hamburg St on the other side of Cal Ripken Way over the years.  

2008., and that was 11 years ago.

People have been shot in Walmarts around the USA.

Do you still shop at a Walmart?