My prediction for how the Davis saga ends

interloper

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

As for me, I can't imagine him sticking the whole year if he performs like he did last year.  And by saying I can't imagine it, I easily can...because he lasted the whole 2019 season.

I hope Mountcastle mashes, that might help to make this happen faster.

Yep if 2018-2019 wasn't enough to get him to quit no reason to expect future ineptitude to change his mind.  He's already a joke on a national level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep if 2018-2019 wasn't enough to get him to quit no reason to expect future ineptitude to change his mind.  He's already a joke on a national level.

He's also a terrible example for the younger players on the team because he doesn't do his work and then he lies about it. I'd rather not have Mountcastle exposed to his influence.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

As for me, I can't imagine him sticking the whole year if he performs like he did last year.  And by saying I can't imagine it, I easily can...because he lasted the whole 2019 season.

I hope Mountcastle mashes, that might help to make this happen faster.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think there's definitely a strong possibility he doesn't last long enough for my prediction to even come to pass. But that depends on how confident you are about ownership/Elias actually pressing the big red DFA button mid-season. 

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That’ll most likely be his 40 man spot before his 26 man spot. I think we’re going to have to legit add 10ish players to the 40 man in November to protect from the Rule 5. 

My prediction... October 2020. The WS/playoffs will be going on. The Ravens will be in full swing.  NBA/NHL/NCAA season kick offs.  Election 2020. It’ll be the perfect time for the O’s to bury the story. Do it on a Friday evening and it won’t even be mentioned on Monday. 

Can Davis even be on the 40 man but not the 26 man without being on the IL?   I thought only players who could be optioned to the minors could do that. 

At this point I don't think timing really matters wrt to DFA'ing Davis.  Sure there would be bit more press on some times compared, but so what.  Its will have been a long time coming when it happens.  The story should be on why did the Orioles wait so long.