SPStreamer- Renato Nunez

weams

“The batted ball profile is what gets you excited about Renato Nunez. Increasing both line drives(21.1%) and fly balls(46.3%). While decreasing the number of ground balls(32.6%). His swing generates a massive launch angle. Nunez should keep this profile as he can generate an abundance of power while hitting a ton of flyballs. “

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, weams said:

“The batted ball profile is what gets you excited about Renato Nunez. Increasing both line drives(21.1%) and fly balls(46.3%). While decreasing the number of ground balls(32.6%). His swing generates a massive launch angle. Nunez should keep this profile as he can generate an abundance of power while hitting a ton of flyballs. “

I've always thought Nunez is undervalued by some on here. He may not be a super star, but he's a solid DH and if he can not kill the team at 3B, I'd play him over Ruiz at 3B.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I've always thought Nunez is undervalued by some on here. He may not be a super star, but he's a solid DH and if he can not kill the team at 3B, I'd play him over Ruiz at 3B.

There were years during the dark ages when we might have killed for a young DH like Nunez. 

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think our best alignment has Mancini at 1st Base and Nunez at DH.  Unfortunately, there's that one issue that gets in the way.

Let's hope either that issue is magically cleared up this spring or Hyde just sits him on the bench until he quits. Basically just play with the 25 man roster they've always had. When Mountcastle comes up, there is certainly going to be no room for Davis on the roster any longer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's hope either that issue is magically cleared up this spring or Hyde just sits him on the bench until he quits. Basically just play with the 25 man roster they've always had. When Mountcastle comes up, there is certainly going to be no room for Davis on the roster any longer.

Let's hope! But I actually think it might be possible to carry Davis through this year. Just as kind of a thought exercise:

LF - Mountcastle
CF - Hays
RF - Santander
1B - Mancini
2B - Alberto
SS - Iglesias
3B - Ruiz
C  -  Severino
DH - Nunez
Bench IF - Martin/Urias/whoever
Bench OF - Williams/Mullins/whoever
Bench C - Sisco
Bench IF - Davis

5 SP
7 RP

That's 25, so there's room for another bench IF (Urena, Herrera, etc) or OF (Stewart, Smith?) with the 26-man roster. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Let's hope! But I actually think it might be possible to carry Davis through this year. Just as kind of a thought exercise:

LF - Mountcastle
CF - Hays
RF - Santander
1B - Mancini
2B - Alberto
SS - Iglesias
3B - Ruiz
C  -  Severino
DH - Nunez
Bench IF - Martin/Urias/whoever
Bench OF - Williams/Mullins/whoever
Bench C - Sisco
Bench IF - Davis

5 SP
7 RP

That's 25, so there's room for another bench IF (Urena, Herrera, etc) or OF (Stewart, Smith?) with the 26-man roster. 

Let me fix my post.

I hope there is no room for Davis! 

There! :D