MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Doctors also making stuff up?Government in Florida admitted it.

Florida has no coronavirus testing kits https://www.wesh.com/article/no-coronavirus-testing-kits-available-florida/31161626

Maryland said the same thing. It is a 3 day wait to test anyone as has to be sent to Georgia.  

So this is particularly deadly to old men and you have Sanders, Biden and Trump traveling all over the country meeting a ton of people.  They are all very old and Sanders has a bad heart. 

7 hours ago, atomic said:

Maryland said the same thing. It is a 3 day wait to test anyone as has to be sent to Georgia.  

So this is particularly deadly to old men and you have Sanders, Biden and Trump traveling all over the country meeting a ton of people.  They are all very old and Sanders has a bad heart. 

Looks like with better test kits we are now seeing the community spread out West.Four cases now confirmed in California and Washington. No need to panic because most people will get mild cases as it looks so far.Virus can mutate to a new strain but who knows.Just have dry food ,prescriptions filled abd water and toilet paper for a few weeks. One drug has been reported to have a shortage FDA won't say which because might cause an even bigger shortage if people panic buy it.Good luck everyone ,,might be an interesting few months coming up Wash hands multiple times. My friend in the field also said no handshakes for what it is worth  

Looks like a test kit should be out very soon that tests really quickly. In a little over an hour.

4 hours ago, atomic said:

Rallies and primary voting could be adjusted as well.. 

On 2/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, interloper said:

Were you? You seem more intent on just saying everyone else's opinion is wrong, but have at it. I'll move along.

Interloper, you are one of my favorite posters and there have been times when I've had Atomic on Ignore, but I think the issue he's raised is timely and thought-provoking.

15 hours ago, atomic said:

The possible storylines are a goldmine. For example, a Covid-19 carrier planting himself at a rally or in a selfie-line to embrace or shake hands with a candidate.

Sanders shoots hoops pretty well and has those droves of young people around him giving him healthy energy. Trump is an interesting bundle of internal contradictions: a teetotaling germophobe who is addicted to cheeseburgers and soft drinks. BIden has his boldly protective, very intelligent, 5-miles-a-day-jogging wife.

Although If it all comes down to that, Tulsi Gabbard should be the people's choice. She's probably healthier than any of them, lead medical units under battle conditions, and has nerves of steel. Her truthfulness, calm voice, and piercing eyes would make any press conference a source of helpful information and reassurance.

I think people are in panic mode. I went to the grocery store last night and there was no tuna fish or pasta.  

I have vacation to Caribbean in 2 weeks. I am not sure if I should still go as I could quarantined somewhere because someone on my airplane is sick.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I think people are in panic mode. I went to the grocery store last night and there was no tuna fish or pasta.  

I have vacation to Caribbean in 2 weeks. I am not sure if I should still go as I could quarantined somewhere because someone on my airplane is sick.

Cruise? Or just airplane? Flu probably get you first.

A flu outbreak sickened 82 people aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that returned to Baltimore last week, prompting the cruise line to isolate them and notify the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but none of the sick passengers and crew met the criteria for the coronavirus, a Royal Carribean spokeswoman confirmed FridayFlu

https://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-royal-carribean-flu-20200228-ljm5pew5yfbepowttxgmlnej7i-story.html

Not Tampa.

JVZ5VVC27AI6VDX5B6IEXXMAK4.jpg&w=1440

Tomoyuki Sugano, starting pitcher of Yomiuri Giants, throws the first pitch during a behind-closed-doors opening game against the Tokyo Yaklut Swallows at Tokyo Dome baseball stadium in Tokyo on Feb. 29, 2020. (Kimimasa Mayama/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock)

Japanese baseball players put on a show Saturday — only spectators weren’t allowed in to see it.

Japan’s professional baseball body, the Nippon Professional Baseball Organization (NPB), decided Wednesday to keep its opening 2020 games spectator free to limit large gatherings in which coronavirus could spread.

On Saturday, the Chiba Lotte Marines faced off against the Rakuten Eagles at Japan’s Zozo Marine Stadium in one of six preseason baseball games set to be played in a closed-door and otherwise empty field, the Associated Press reported.

Fans of Japan’s oldest and most popular team, the Yomiuri Giants, usually fill Tokyo’s 55,000-seat stadium to capacity. Saturday night, the Giants are competing against the Yakult Swallows without any cheers from the stands.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, atomic said:

At the Walgreen’s last night in my Brooklyn neighborhood (there have been no confirmed cases anywhere in NY), the entire shelf of portable hand sanitizer was barren except for two small over-priced spray containers that I swept up; I'm glad I bought several bottles the day before in another neighborhood. Spray bottles of Lysol “All Purpose Cleaner” were prominently displayed near the counter, but at THREE TIMES the price I paid last week at Target (I was restocking my kitchen and bathroom supplies without a thought for the virus). Even if the Target price is a little lower than normal, paying close to $10 for one bottle is obviously Walgreen's jumping on the virus concerns to price-gouge. Who knows what the price will be if Covid-19 truly becomes an epidemic in the US--and once the government allows the CDC to declare its actual spread.

Another restocking coincidence is that I bought, for almost nostalgic reasons, a ton of canned food the last few weeks—how cd I resist 10 cans of Chef Boyardee for 10 ucks and 4 cans of Progresso soup for 5 bucks? 4 cans of Brunswick sardines for 3 bucks! Who is to say that the shopkeeper was not a humanitarian presciently responding to a crisis he feared was soon to arrive in the neighborhood?

Re that trip: I myself would definitely not go. I think health-related circumstances are very unusual now in general. Why risk getting caught in a maelstrom far beyond one's control?

"The Korea Baseball Organization on Thursday canceled pre-season games amid the rapid spread of coronavirus.

All 50 pre-season games initially scheduled to be played between March 14 and 24 were canceled for the safety of players and spectators for the first time in the KBO's 38-year history.

The regular season, which begins on March 28, is also in doubt. KBO officials are scheduled to hold an emergency meeting next week to discuss whether to postpone the season."

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/02/28/2020022800748.html