Kjerstad comes in at #99 on BA Top 100

Sir_Loin

1 minute ago, Es4M11 said:

Really? You took offense to that? The defender was clearly in his path back to the bag. I have watched the replay a few times. Kjerstad's job was to get back to the bag, the defender was a step or two in front of the bag, and Kjerstad had to go through him. Give me a break

I'm not offended by it but I certainly wouldn't call it playing the game the right way.  It was excessive.

I stand by calling it a Chad move.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not offended by it but I certainly wouldn't call it playing the game the right way.  It was excessive.

I stand by calling it a Chad move.

I'll second the other poster. You're wrong

3 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Mountains out of mole hills

Not really.  I don't think it's a big deal.  But I do think if someone is going to proclaim a player they have probably barely seen "plays the game the right way" that it should be addressed.

I for one don't feel qualified to say how Kjerstad "plays the game", if we even know what "playing the game the right way" even means. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Best available batter. I think they ruled out pitching. 

Kjerstad had better power than Martin. I don’t think he’s the better for average/OBP hitter. Only time will tell. I believe he was the best LH power bat in this draft.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

if we even know what "playing the game the right way" even means. 

This should be interesting.  I'm sure that means "hustle everywhere, say "yes sir, no sir" and show up early for practice, stay late, run out ground balls as hard as you can, always be paying attention" and whatever other cliche's we can come up with.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you think pointlessly knocking down a defending player is playing the right way.  Got it.

And I don't know why you bother to respond if you refuse to address the point I am making and are instead just going to complain.

Cheap shots aren’t right and neither is spiking a runner. If he was just playing hard that’s a different story. I don’t recall the play so I don’t have an opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not really.  I don't think it's a big deal.  But I do think if someone is going to proclaim a player they have probably barely seen "plays the game the right way" that it should be addressed.

I for one don't feel qualified to say how Kjerstad "plays the game", if we even know what "playing the game the right way" even means. 

No, but you do feel qualified to slander him for a fair play -- umpire agreed -- in the field of competition. Got it.

Just now, Es4M11 said:

No, but you do feel qualified to slander him for a fair play -- umpire agreed -- in the field of competition. Got it.

Something can be within the rules and still be a chad move.  That's kinda the definition in my mind.  A jerk of a move but not illegal.

If you think that qualifies as slander, well good on you.  I've been called a lot worse here on OH.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

This should be interesting.  I'm sure that means "hustle everywhere, say "yes sir, no sir" and show up early for practice, stay late, run out ground balls as hard as you can, always be paying attention" and whatever other cliche's we can come up with.

There was a term I believe that was used “gritty player”

Thay described a guy that was usually not as talented but got the most out of his skills. Running hard, taking the extra base, getting his uniform dirty, sacrificing his body to make a play , etc

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Cheap shots aren’t right and neither is spiking a runner. If he was just playing hard that’s a different story. I don’t recall the play so I don’t have an opinion. 

It's the first play on the highlight video.

And it isn't the worst thing in the world.  But in my eyes it was a Chad move.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Thay described a guy that was usually not as talented but got the most out of his skills. Running hard, taking the extra base, getting his uniform dirty, sacrificing his body to make a play , etc

And didn't do things like bat flip.

For the record I love bat flips.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey CoC!  I was born and raised in Arkansas.  As a lifelong Razorback fan, I have watched many Razorback games in person and via SEC Network.  I think I've seen Kjerstad play ball probably a few more times than you have. 

Just now, rudyrooster said:

Hey CoC!  I was born and raised in Arkansas.  As a lifelong Razorback fan, I have watched many Razorback games in person and via SEC Network.  I think I've seen Kjerstad play ball probably a few more times than you have. 

Great.  That would be why I said probably.  To make allowances for that exact scenario.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

David Eckstein!  

"Give me 25 David Ecksteins with their 87+ career averages and I can win the World Series," said no one ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Something can be within the rules and still be a chad move.  That's kinda the definition in my mind.  A jerk of a move but not illegal.

If you think that qualifies as slander, well good on you.  I've been called a lot worse here on OH.

You saying that it was a  bit of a "chad" move (I see you spend time on Reddit) implies something about Kjerstad's character, so yes I would say that is an attempt to slander Kjerstad.  The reason you have been called a lot worse on here is because you are generally an ass. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

Apologies to the mods

• Thanks 1