Jon Meoli: Has 6 non rostered O's on the OD roster

wildcard

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-opening-day-roster-projection-20200710-ky7xzjlrkfgblcbxgq2ilbxulu-story.html

With two weeks to go:

Holiday, Valiaka, Wilkerson, Williams, LeBlanc and Milone.

I don't see that happening.  Probably 2 or 3 IMO.

Here is what I think: (Bold are the ones different from Meoli)

Catchers:  (3) Severino, Sisco, Wynns

Infielders: (7) Davis, Alberto, Iglesias, Ruiz, Nunez, Martin,  IF/OF Velazquez

Outfielder:  (4) Hays, Stewart,  Santander, Smith (I don't know if Santander and/or Smith tested positive or were just exposed and in 14 day quarantine. I will change this if they tested positive.)

Starters: (5) Means, Cobb,  (non roster LeBlanc and Milone) , Wojo

Relievers (11) Harvey, Givens, Bleier, Castro, Armstrong, Carroll, Scott, Velazquez,   Fry, Sulser,  Stewart

I think being on the 40  man roster will mean a lot in making the OD roster.     A week later things could change.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Smith and Santander are sick and quarantining at the hotel.

Quarantined I understand.  Sick or have they just been exposed to someone that tested positive for Covid, I have not heard.   What is your source?

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Quarantined I understand.  Sick or have they just been exposed to someone that tested positive for Covid, I have not heard.   What is your source?

Teammate. They have symptoms, but didn't test positive. It's a precaution.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Teammate. They have symptoms, but didn't test positive. It's a precaution.

So you heard from a teammate of theirs that they tested negative but have symptoms? 

So if the symptoms go away and they test negative again do they get to start the season on the 30 man roster?

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Terrible job by the Os to not put the young guys on the roster and let them play out this shortened season.

Who do you want to see?   Mountcastle could be passed his service time in 7 days after OD.  If Akin is pitching well at Bowie the could be called up in two weeks after OD.   

We are going to see Harvey, Stewart and Hays from the beginning for the season if they stay healthy.

Just now, wildcard said:

Who do you want to see?   Mountcastle could be his service time in 7 days after OD.  If Akin is pitching well at Bowie the could be call up in two weeks after OD.   

We are going to see Harvey and Hays from the beginning for the season if they stay healthy.

The same Hays who is only a rookie because they gamed his eligibility.

I really don’t care who is on the roster for the start of the season if they think saving a few games will affect the new cba service time.  However if 15 games or so in the younger guys are not getting time that is different. 30-50 at bats isn’t going to make much difference in a young guys development for the next few years.  

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Who do you want to see?   Mountcastle could be passed his service time in 7 days after OD.  If Akin is pitching well at Bowie the could be called up in two weeks after OD.   

We are going to see Harvey, Stewart and Hays from the beginning for the season if they stay healthy.

Akin, Lowther, Wells, Kremer, etc..all should be up.

The idea that guys like Milone, LeBlanc and Wojo are going to be in the rotation is a joke.  It was one thing for them to start a normal season in the rotation.  But at this point, I expected a lot of the young talent here and playing.  So, get them up now.

You also have Mountcastle and Diaz.  You just have to wait a few games and you get the extra year for all of them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

He had better put up 3.5+ WAR in his age 29 season for this to have been worth it.

Whether or not it's necessary... is the downside of not being on the team for 10 days so bad that he has to be a really good player in his revised walk year for it to have been ta reasonable decision or "worth it?" What is the immediate cost you are trying to balance against here?