Article on Less Heralded Prospects

ToadB22

Came across this fantasy article this morning that has some good nuggets on some prospects we may not hear as much about. They even pull a Luke Siler tweet, so you know they know their stuff?. References Drew Rom's embrace of analytics, which I found encouraging, and just some more information on some of our DSL players. Nothing ground-breaking, but always enjoyable to read.

https://fantasysixpack.net/2021-baltimore-orioles-diamonds-in-the-rough/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ToadB22 said:

Came across this fantasy article this morning that has some good nuggets on some prospects we may not hear as much about. They even pull a Luke Siler tweet, so you know they know their stuff?. References Drew Rom's embrace of analytics, which I found encouraging, and just some more information on some of our DSL players. Nothing ground-breaking, but always enjoyable to read.

https://fantasysixpack.net/2021-baltimore-orioles-diamonds-in-the-rough/

Nice find. A really well drafted article. 

Drew Rom is kind of an under the radar guy.   I followed him very closely in 2018-19, and there was a lot to like in his performance.   Obviously, there was nothing to follow in 2020, and he is low profile enough and far away enough from the majors where he just kind of slipped off the radar screen, whereas if he had shown good results at Frederick in a normal season, he'd be very much on it.    I assume he will be in Frederick this season,  but I could see a scenario where he jumps to Bowie if he puts together a strong first half of the year.    I think if he picked up 1-2 ticks on his fastball he'd move up the rankings pretty quickly.