2021 Ongoing Lineup Thread

interloper

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yes, they need 2 players to replace Hays ...... a hitter, and a CF-er.

o

Like when "Small Faces" replaced guitarist/vocalist Steve Marriott with 2 people (Ronnie Wood on guitar, and Rod Stewart on vocals), and became "Faces."

o

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

But Stewart is neither

Not on a playoff team, but a 107 OPS+ guy making the minimum is a fine stop gap at corner outfield and DH. Hopefully Yusniel Diaz is taking his plate appearances by the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Not on a playoff team, but a 107 OPS+ guy making the minimum is a fine stop gap at corner outfield and DH. Hopefully Yusniel Diaz is taking his plate appearances by the end of the season.

With the injury history of  Hays, Diaz and Santander, Stewart may get a lot on PAs, if he can stay healthy.

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So our manager hasn’t yet learned that MC can’t play LF. A competent LF would have saved the victory n 9.

Well, that’s a bit unfair. With Hays out, he doesn’t really have a choice. I’d have MC at DH and McKenna in the OF for defense,  but I understand what he’s doing. I just hope he does it reluctantly.

Edited by Philip
Bit of backpedaling

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

So our manager hasn’t yet learned that MC can’t play LF. A competent LF would have saved the victory n 9.

Well, that’s a bit unfair. With Hays out, he doesn’t really have a choice. I’d have MC at DH and McKenna in the OF for defense,  but I understand what he’s doing. I just hope he does it reluctantly.

Honestly, I don't want Mountcastle doing too much DHing this year, some sure, but I want him in LF or at 1B. I understand the defense will take a hit, but this team isn't a good one. They're not going to win anything this year. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Honestly, I don't want Mountcastle doing too much DHing this year, some sure, but I want him in LF or at 1B. I understand the defense will take a hit, but this team isn't a good one. They're not going to win anything this year. 

Mountcastle is a slow runner, runs poor routes(I don’t know how easily better routes to the ball can be taught, But there might be room for improvement there) And not only does he have a weak arm, everybody knows he has a weak arm and is quite comfortable running on him. I’ve said for years that they should have him at DH or at first base.

• Confused 1