2022 early look top prospects

12 hours ago, higgybaby said:

I can’t get the following quote out of my head from prospects live:

A majority of evaluators in this industry really, truly believe this is an extraordinary bat with perennial all-star upside. When folks say it’s the best high school bat in two decades, they’re not being hyperbolic.”

if our scouts feel the same way about Temarr after this Spring, I hope to God that he is our pick. 
2nd base or no, short of stature or no. 

“The best bat in two decades”,  you’ve got to go with that in my opinion. 

Better than Bryce Harper?  Or is he not in the equation because he went to JuCo?

1 minute ago, Hazmat said:

I think Elias is capable of both.

Fair enough.  I mean, I dunno what someones legs and ass have to do with whether or not they can catch up to a fastball or play decently in the field.

I'm assuming people passed on Altuve for similar reasons.  Certainly not every small player is as good as Altuve but if you can play, you can play.

• Upvote 1

If Elias believes that Druw Jones is his SS of the future I think he is the pick.   It will cost the full #1 allotment.   But if he is not a SS then I don't think Elias pays for him as a centerfield even if he is a very good centerfield. He is right-handed which is not a plus for Elias.

Johnson arm is rated average.   Probably not a SS. A 2B.  I don't think Elias drafts a 2B #1.  Would cost full allotment.

Green is a right-hand  hitter.   Will take full allotment.  Probably not Elias' pick.

Berry is not a good fielder.   Probably not

Brooks Lee is a switch hitter.   Could be a 3B.   Elias might go for him.  Probably full slot.  Injury history could hurt his chances though.

Jung  is a 2B.  I don't think so.

Brock Jones has a below average arm.   I doubt he goes #1.

DeLauter is left handed.  Probably goes under slot.   Sounds like this year's Cowser.   Could happen.  

We have to see what happen this spring.

Wildcard, you have a lot of guys getting full slot at 1:1.  I don't agree.  If Jones is such a good SS, why does every draft source consider him a CF?   You have Elias drafting by position and searching for LH hitters.  Again, I disagree.  If he thinks Druw Jones is the best player and a CF, he'll take him.  Their top bonus guy in the Dominican was neither LH or a SS.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wildcard, you have a lot of guys getting full slot at 1:1.  I don't agree.  If Jones is such a good SS, why does every draft source consider him a CF?   You have Elias drafting by position and searching for LH hitters.  Again, I disagree.  If he thinks Druw Jones is the best player and a CF, he'll take him.  Their top bonus guy in the Dominican was neither LH or a SS.

One player has signed for slot at 1-1 since slot was a thing.

In a year without an obvious choice you won't have to pay full.

• Upvote 1

If Johnson , a high school kid is the best bat in 2 decades why would any fan or GM not want him? Pay full slot, big deal. If he is who the scouts feel he is draft him.

Tony Gwynn had small legs,chubby physique. Kirby Puckett was stocky ( Gwynn too). I would take a hitter like either. If he cannot play the field, pure DH.

11 minutes ago, Grady said:

If Johnson , a high school kid is the best bat in 2 decades why would any fan or GM not want him? Pay full slot, big deal. If he is who the scouts feel he is draft him.

Tony Gwynn had small legs,chubby physique. Kirby Puckett was stocky ( Gwynn too). I would take a hitter like either. If he cannot play the field, pure DH.

Small thing.  Best high school bat.  I don't think any HS bat can compare to someone like Sano.

Still really high praise.