What do you want to see in the 2nd half?

Moose Milligan

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed here. Obviously, some will never occur. Adley, DL, and GRod can hope for Norfolk at best.

I'd like to see what we have in Mason McCoy as a possible utility infielder. There's no reason to keep Valaika at this point, and any innings given to him are wasted. J Jones in Baltimore is a no brainer no matter his defensive shortcomings.

Severino and Wynns can't be gone fast enough, but I know someone has to catch. Time to see Brett Cumberland. Wynns avoids The Turk for the time being. 

I'm torn about Stewart, but there aren't a lot of alternatives unless we want to throw Diaz out there and tell him to sink or swim which is a bad idea since he's still only 24. I like McKenna a lot better when he's part of a four man bench. In the end, I'll take Jones over Stewart at this point and play him at 2B/OF. 

C Cumberland, Wynns

INF Mancini, Mountcastle, Urias, Leyba, Guitierrez, McCoy

OF Hays, Mullins, Santander, McKenna, J Jones

Mullins to have a good 2nd half and *further* cement himself as for real.

Hays and Santander healthy and playing every day.

Means healthy and thriving without stick fingers.

Tate and T Wells healthy and thriving.

Jones, Bradish and Smith getting their feet wet for ~45-60 days.

Some of Kremer, Lowther, Akin, Zimmermann and A. Wells finding some success at the ML level.

Baumann healthy and returning to pre-injury form.

The #1 overall pick.

The year to end so we can turn the page to a next phase of the rebuild, hopefully.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Golden Girls reruns. 

Remember those athletic blonde ball persons we used to have during our good years?  They were ex-softballers and scooped up all of those errant foul balls and never touched a fair ball.  Those are the "golden girls" I want to see in the second half - oh wait, they co$t too much.  Never mind!  ?

• Upvote 1

I want to see promotions. Even if it's just guys moving up from AA to AAA.  

I'd like to see Patrick Dorian, Terrin Vavra, maybe Adley and Grayson get some coffee in Baltimore in September.  

Alex Wells, Kyle Bradish, Jahmai Jones to Baltimore before September.  

15 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

I’d like to see a few of the young’s guys have success, and in spite of that I want them to catch the Diamondbacks.

What I’d like to see is the D-Backs go on a 20-game winning streak, so that we can actually win a few games but still get the top draft pick.   

• Upvote 2

I want to start seeing some pitchers go 6 inning plus in games.

I want to see Paul Fry get his control back

I want to see Leyba hit

I want to see Santander regain his stroke from last year

I want to see some offensive production from the catcher, second base, and third base positions

I want to see Mancini go on a hot streak for the second half of the season

I want to see Mountcastle hit 30 homeruns by the end of the year

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:
  • I want Pedro Severino to be gone or at least not the starting catcher anymore. I know AR is unlikely to be called up, but please stop starting Severino five times a week.
  • I want to see more of Tyler Wells.
  • Cesar Valdez it's time to DFA him and use the opportunity to call up Marcos Diplan.
  • I want to see Jahmai Jones called up from Norfolk.

This is basically what I want to see too

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Some of these I want to see happen now and others at some point in the next month or so:

Adley and Bradish in the majors. I want to see Diaz get some ML time as well.  Jones as well.

Kremer, Lowther  and Wells back up for good.

GRod in AAA..Hall as well, when he gets healthy.

Diaz?  The guy who is below .200 at AAA?  Please.  calling this guy up would be the wrong message.  he needs to earn it.

2 minutes ago, connja said:

Diaz?  The guy who is below .200 at AAA?  Please.  calling this guy up would be the wrong message.  he needs to earn it.

What wrong message?

How is calling up Diaz any worse than keeping Davis on the roster?  Running Pedro out there?  Continuing to start Harvey?