Other Than the O's, Best World Series You Ever Watched?

Bahama O's Fan

Loved the 1967-68 Series, Cards-Red Sox and Cards-Tigers.  Both 7 games, both featuring game 7 with Bob Gibson on the mound for the Cards and an opposing pitcher going on only two days’ rest (Jim Lonborg for the Sox, Mickey Lolich for the Tigers).    Cards won in ‘67, lost in ‘68.   I watched those Series (still played during the day) almost in their entirety.  They really were the first two I watched all of.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

For me, it's 2001, Yanks and D-backs or 91, Braves and Twins. What about everyone else?

The first series I remember watching was the '75 series between the Reds and Red Sox, which was definitely exciting. But I will second your mention of the '91 series. That was an on the edge of your seat series for sure. 

1968: Mickey Lolich's 3 complete game W's, outshining teammate 31-game winner Denny McLain, backed by a Detroit lineup that has always been one of my favorites vs. Bob Gibson's 3 complete games (2-1) and a very exciting Cards lineup.

After that, I second Bahama O's choice of 2001 D-backs over the Yankees.

Am going to try not to watch this year's Series--it's already been a dramatic postseason and all the teams I backed have been sent home. Was hoping for Giants vs. Rays or White Sox.