Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

To get more money out of us or someone else? Or maybe we aren’t willing to give him the opt out when he wants it?

I don’t think he’ll get more money than that from anyone. I have read that Boras wants him to take a 1 year deal and test the market again next year, so there’s that. But 30 mill a year over 10 years is quite a ballsy offer to pass up. 

Which also leads me to the conclusion that it never was offered.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If we're assuming what has been reported as truth...I think they have made an offer.  

We are not assuming the report is true.  You may be.  But I think you may want to think why no major outlet has reported it.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

We are not assuming the report is true.  You may be.  But I think you may want to think why no major outlet has reported it.

Out of all the stuff over the years you've jumped to conclusions on and this is the one you want to pump the brakes on?

Major outlets don't report things like this unless a player has signed, typically.  Say Correa re-signs with the Astros or goes to some other random team, you'll see a mention of the Orioles having made an offer.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Out of all the stuff over the years you've jumped to conclusions on and this is the one you want to pump the brakes on?

Major outlets don't report things like this unless a player has signed, typically.  Say Correa re-signs with the Astros or goes to some other random team, you'll see a mention of the Orioles having made an offer.  

MLBTR reports anything credible that they hear.   The Dodgers are talking to so and so.   Player X is close to signing with ....     

There has not been a peep about the O's and Correa from MLBTR, Heyman,  Rosenthal, or any other of the normal channels.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

MLBTR reports anything credible that they hear.   The Dodgers are talking to so and so.   Player X is close to signing with ....     

There has not been a peep about the O's and Correa from MLBTR, Heyman,  Rosenthal, or any other of the normal channels.

MLBTR is a joke of a site that just aggregates from other places online.  It's not like they have trusted sources and dig up information on their own.

But okay, wildcard, have it your way.  

I mean, here's a guy from Fox Sports with a verified twitter account.  He's not Heyman or Rosenthal but it is a major outlet.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

MLBTR is a joke of a site that just aggregates from other places online.  It's not like they have trusted sources and dig up information on their own.

I mean, here's a guy from Fox Sports with a verified twitter account.  He's not Heyman or Rosenthal but it is a major outlet.

The reporter is Astros pitcher Justin Verlander's brother.   Which just tells me that Justin would like his owner to come up on his offer.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Correa signs a 1 year deal, will Elias mutter something about "confederate money?" 

How big would a one year offer have to be to make sense?

45M?

I don't see why he'd do better (financially) next year over this year, he'll be down another peak year. 

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The reporter is Astros pitcher Justin Verlander's brother.   Which just tells me that Justin would like his owner to come up on his offer.

This, coupled with the lack of reports from anywhere else, pretty much confirms that whoever floated this Correa/Orioles rumor is just pushing for more money for Correa. The Orioles very clearly are not going after him. They should be, but they’re most definitely not. 

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, but Roch or Steve or any O's reporter im aware of seems to not know anything, or doubts it exists. 

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

This, coupled with the lack of reports from anywhere else, pretty much confirms that whoever floated this Correa/Orioles rumor is just pushing for more money for Correa. The Orioles very clearly are not going after him. They should be, but they’re most definitely not. 

My sources are telling mew that the $300 million offer is true, and that Correa is leaning toward taking it, but only if the Orioles add a must trade clause.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How big would a one year offer have to be to make sense?

45M?

I don't see why he'd do better (financially) next year over this year, he'll be down another peak year. 

There is some thought that another year removed from the pandemic could make teams more flush with cash.

I don’t really buy that but it is possible that if he has another big year that a 10/300 deal is still there for him and he will have made a lot for this year as well.