Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

5 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Maybe it's karma, but Correa broke his middle finger and will miss some time.

Royce Lewis is getting the call.  He missed the Covid 2020 season and the 2021 season with an ACL tear.  

Maybe a little bad blood right now?

We hit Correa right after Buxton's HR, and now he's hurt.

Later on, they hit Cedric with a pitch.

And apparently, on Hays HR trot in the 8th, he did a little imitation of a Correa trademark move.

We'll see what happens when we meet the Twins again.

• Like 1

Does look like the injury will enable 2017 1-1 Royce Lewis to beat 2019 1-1 Adley Rutschman to the Show.

If Druw Jones is our guy, hopefully no global pandemics or blown ACL's, but high school bats can be a long time.    Royce's timeline would put Druw's debut in 2027.

34 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Maybe it's karma, but Correa broke his middle finger and will miss some time.

Royce Lewis is getting the call.  He missed the Covid 2020 season and the 2021 season with an ACL tear.  

Royce Lewis not yet 23.

I find this Correa drama, however unfortunate, kinda funny. He was injured on a pitch he swung at. His action caused his hand to hit the ball. It was only a few inches in off the plate. Lift your hands, no HBP. The other pitch hit him on the wrist, also barely in off the plate. If he lifts the arms/hands, no HBP. There was no intent there on either pitch. Very clearly. Then, they hit Ced with obvious intent. And now this means a beanball war is about to start? It’s BS.

Teams have been pounding several of our hitters inside since the beginning of the season. Mullins has been HBP five times now. Opponents have been pounding him inside, and he isn’t even up on the plate. He has had to move out of the way of several an extraordinary number of pitches this season. Other Orioles hitters have had the same treatment, but to a lesser extent. It appears there is a renewed desire for teams to pitch inside, and certainly against the Orioles.

As far as Hays mocking Correa, I didn’t see that. If true, not a great idea, seeing as he just got injured in the previous inning. Wonder if there was some bad blood behind the scenes somewhere before this. 

If they bring the battle to our guys, we’ve got dudes that can shove. Big monsters. Watch out for who Odor goes after. They don’t want that smoke. lol

My sources said Correa was almost a done deal.  He said he would sign and the agent said ok then we will sign with the Orioles but your numbers maybe effected by the new left field wall they are pushing back.  Correa responded with your joking right.  His agent said no they moved the wall back and made it much higher.  Correa responded by saying nah I’m out I’ll go to Minnesota instead.

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

My sources said Correa was almost a done deal.  He said he would sign and the agent said ok then we will sign with the Orioles but your numbers maybe effected by the new left field wall they are pushing back.  Correa responded with your joking right.  His agent said no they moved the wall back and made it much higher.  Correa responded by saying nah I’m out I’ll go to Minnesota instead.

Even if the story is true it doesn't reflect that poorly on Correa.

The karma would be if Elias had the wall moved back and that was what kept him from bringing Correa on board as his big centerpiece signing.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Maybe a little bad blood right now?

We hit Correa right after Buxton's HR, and now he's hurt.

Later on, they hit Cedric with a pitch.

And apparently, on Hays HR trot in the 8th, he did a little imitation of a Correa trademark move.

We'll see what happens when we meet the Twins again.

We'll be at Target Field on July 1-3.

• 3 months later...