Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

Westburg reminds me of Dansby Swanson with a like bit less arm. It took Dansby a bit of time to develop in Atlanta, but he is a top flight SS now. Is it possible we are seeing a slowly developing player in Westburg who gets past by a couple of elite prospects but then hits his stride later, ala Dansby? Is this wishful thinking?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bomb and a single in the first inning today. 

You could say Bowie is scalding hot right now. 

Yeeaahh, 16-0 in the 4th.  Norby-Cowser-Ortiz have 7 hits in the 1-3 spots... but everyone is doing damage.

Elias made a point to call Norby a “power hitting second baseman” during the telecast yesterday. 

The expectation may be that he’s a 20+ HR guy in the big leagues. I know he’s hit a few tape measure shots down in the minors this year so he may have a little more power potential than what was first projected for him. 

As noted in the Prieto thread, I loved seeing the combination of Prieto 3B - Ortiz SS - Norby 2B - Mundy 1B this past week.

On Tuesday, this combination turned 5 DPs. 

I was surprised to see Norby's power.  Hate to say it, but that 440-ft blast on Tuesday might've been a bit wind-aided, as it was whipping out to LF at the beginning of the game when he hit it.  The one he hit later in the week at about 380 was probably better to judge by. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, justD said:

As noted in the Prieto thread, I loved seeing the combination of Prieto 3B - Ortiz SS - Norby 2B - Mundy 1B this past week.

On Tuesday, this combination turned 5 DPs. 

I was surprised to see Norby's power.  Hate to say it, but that 440-ft blast on Tuesday might've been a bit wind-aided, as it was whipping out to LF at the beginning of the game when he hit it.  The one he hit later in the week at about 380 was probably better to judge by. 

Too bad Mundy was released today.

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Elias made a point to call Norby a “power hitting second baseman” during the telecast yesterday. 

The expectation may be that he’s a 20+ HR guy in the big leagues. I know he’s hit a few tape measure shots down in the minors this year so he may have a little more power potential than what was first projected for him. 

He hit some home runs in college but was not a big power hitter. I think they have made some adjustments with him to tap into more power. 

22 hours ago, justD said:

Wow, really? He hit a 3-run bomb Saturday to put the game out of reach, so at least he had that to cap things off. 

Yep, they did.  Daschbach's numbers were so much worse and I don't know how to judge defensive skills. Looks like they moved Welk to 1B while Daschbach is out on IL. I think Mundy got a raw deal. 

• 2 weeks later...