The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

1 hour ago, interloper said:

So 2 series at home and the wall was only challenged one time (Mancini) in terms of deep fly balls. I would have thought for sure Aaron Judge would send one out there even if it was a catch at the warning track. Camden played ice cold through its first two 2022 series.

There really were very few hard hit balls yesterday, and the ones that were, weren’t hit to LF.  Interestingly, both teams started the game with all RH batters, facing lefty starters.  So you’d think there’d be some action out there.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Mountcastle hits a home run in the ninth inning over the new left field fence and apparently he's the first to clear it?

"He scaled Mt. Baltimore!"  Is he a sherpa?  Kevin Brown's exchange with Ben and we the audience was iconic!  I loved the scene in the video where the guy with the LAX T is chugging his beer also!  Quite a moment and IMHO reminiscent of (shall I even try, Gary Thorne?). LOL

OIP.Gb9c71GNPRgfbG5AZnkBgwHaE8?pid=ImgDe

18 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

The new wall is awesome.  It looks fantastic, adds even more character to the best park in baseball, and balls hit to LF much more interesting.  That ball was crushed and Mountcastle had no doubt it was going out.  

I'm starting to lean the other way.  I think it gives great character and makes it more neutral, but I was even worried when Mountcastle hit that.  You shouldn't. need a 423ft, 112mph exit velo to clear.  I personally think in between what they've got now and the old wall would have been better.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

Bogaerts just hit one that would have been gone under the old dimensions.  Caught at the warning track.

Was hoping someone would note this. I wasn't sure if it definitely would have cleared the old dimensions. Definitely looked like the first one other than Trey's wall double.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MarCakes21 said:

I'm starting to lean the other way.  I think it gives great character and makes it more neutral, but I was even worried when Mountcastle hit that.  You shouldn't. need a 423ft, 112mph exit velo to clear.  I personally think in between what they've got now and the old wall would have been better.

Agreed.  I think they could have paralleled the front line of the warning track with where the fence used to be, and it would have been enough.  But it feels like they went five feet or so even further back than that.

• Upvote 1