The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Athletes read message boards!!!

This little bit of reality, if true for Teixeira, has been a positive for the Orioles. This site has obsessed and that shows passion for the Orioles, his childhood team. But it can turn ugly as we grow pessimistic and convinced that doom is upon us. We should refrain from putting an ugly face on our worries. Let's not become a reason to NOT play for Baltimore because we've pre-determined how this will end.

We are still very much in this process!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the heck would everybody fly out to Texas?

Is this the Teixeira summit or something?

You can be assured Peter G. Angelos and Andy McPhail aren't headed to Texas. Honestly, if they haven't reached an agreement, whatever they are doing could be done over the phone or video-conference, flying down there is showing they are sealing the deal and killing the clock.

ESPNEWS just said Peter Gammons and Buster Olney reported the same thing that the Boston reporter said but they did not reference him so I am not sure if they have another source or not.

Of course they have other sources. There are plenty of newspapers with websites! ;)

Roch chimes in...

And now we have this coming out of Boston, though it isn't from one of the beat writers.

Are Red Sox executives really meeting with Scott Boras tonight? SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch - I'll admit I've never heard of the guy, but I'm sure he's never heard of me, either - speculates that a deal could be completed later tonight or early tomorrow. He says it's for eight years at $23 million annually.

If it's true, the next question is whether Boras gets back to the other teams, including the Orioles, and allows them to make a counter offer.

I would be stunned if the Orioles matched or exceeded that figure, but I'm basing that more on what I've heard in the past, not on something I've been told tonight.

As always, stay tuned. And try not to hurl your cat out the window. Or hurl.

http://masnsports.com/2008/12/latest-red-sox-rumor.html

Tex has reportedly been talking to our owner and GM recently too and nothing got done.

Just keep that in mind.

Exactly!, I'm not sure why the Sox meeting with Tex and Boras is any different. If, I were in on the bidding I would like to meet face-to-face too. We have heard after all that Tex wants to play here. If this is so, we will almost certainly be given a final chance to match or beat the Sox offer. If not, then why should we care if he doesn't want to be here anyway.

I'm having a terrible day! Tex is going to sign with the sux, and now everybody hates me! :(

Drawing more attention to it will help how, exactly? It could easily be lost and forgotten in a thread like this, so I think it would behoove you to just move on -- after all, how can anyone else move on if you don't?

Archived