What is Your favorite pick? Least favorite pick?

Wagner is my favorite pick. The power potential seems crazy. Fabian might be my least favorite pick. I don’t see how you can pick a guy who hits for such a low average in college, regardless of his power potential. 

So, inevitably Fabian will be an All Star and Wagner will never play above Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

1-1 pick and largest pool.

Would be bad if they weren't on these lists.

Well good, but where are the other teams with top 5 picks and large bonus pools?  I’m glad to see this guy likes our draft.  

Favorite: Holliday, Showalter

Least favorite: Beavers (because I liked a lot of the injured college starters, not because I don’t like him)

Most intrigued: Carter Young. If they can sign him, I’ll be really interested to see if the player development operation can improve his hit tool because his other tools are intriguing.

I really like this draft because it looks like they got at least 5 interesting arms, and I generally trust this org with bats. Plus I love the Holliday pick. I assume he'll stick at SS and think his hit tool is probably better than Jones'.

Zack Showalter is probably my favorite pick relative to what I expected at the time. If not him, it's Walters just because who would think you can get an arm like that in the 18th round? We'll see who they can and cannot sign.

Is there a pick I don't like? Maybe Crampton just because the bat is a long shot. Even here, there's value in having good defenders at all levels, even if they're not necessarily going to the majors.

But with all of this said, they have a method to their madness, got some arms that will help our system and still added some really nice upside bats with the first 3 picks in particular. (first 4 picks if you buy into the idea that UF isn't doing their hitters any favors)

Favorites - Beavers (love the upside) and Showalter (nice overslot)

Least Favorite - Wagner because I think they might have gotten him with the Fabian pick and it's pretty clear that they lost out on Whisenhunt because of that selection (Ciolek said they had a pitcher poached from them right before one of their picks and Whisenhunt was right before Fabian).

Gotta love the power bats we added.   Beavers was a steal and I think we're going to have a lot of fun following him.  The quality and ceilings of our top 4 picks this year is that much higher than last year's draft.  

I don't really have a least favorite because I like our top 4 picks.  Just like a waiver claim, it's really hard to be mad a non top 100 draft selection.