Your second half expectations for Rutschman?

Frobby

6 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I think he's very close to being a very dangerous player.  You watch his ABs, he tracks pitches extremely well, he gets good swings off.  I think with his uppercut swing the timing needs to be pretty in-tune.  It seems to me like he's popping up a lot of pitches that he tracks just right and gets good swings on.  If he can fix that against MLB pitching I think he's going to be an extremely good hitter.

I've seen him flatten his swing out a bit, especially going opposite field.   I agree, he needs to tone down the uppercut a bit to really reach his potential.   I'm sure he knows that.   Capable of being a .280 30 HR, high OBP hitter.    The 2nd half?   Just expecting about an .800 OPS.

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know this is really Just Regular’s thing, but Adley’s 25.4% swing percentage outside the zone is 50th of 300 players with at least 100 PA.   So, top 1/6th.   I enjoy watching his at bats.

Let JR keep this thing.  It’s the only time any of us know wtf he is talking about.  :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know this is really Just Regular’s thing, but Adley’s 25.4% swing percentage outside the zone is 50th of 300 players with at least 100 PA.   So, top 1/6th.   I enjoy watching his at bats.

Related...Rutschman has the 2nd most pitches per AB (4.257) of any MLB player this year, ahead of Mike Trout and Trailing only Jorge Polanco of Min.

Here is a good reason for optimism...he's 236th of 331 major leaguers in terms of BABIP at .262.  That should improve significantly in a league where the average is BABIP is .288.

His 2B total is also fairly remarkable...

--He's had 16 2B in 166 AB.  Of 18 players with exactly 16 2B, Kike Hernandez has the next fewest AB with 215.

--Of players with more 2B, no one has done it in fewer AB (fewest with 17+ 2B is Joey Votto with 17/240, but Bryce Harper also has 21/242)

--Of players with fewer AB, the most 2B is 13 by Trevor Larnach of Min in 160 AB

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

15th of 175 if you toggle to July splits on Qualified regulars.    The Manny teams never had a franchise fulcrum like this...Manny followed Jones, and they were brilliant talents but they never controlled controllables the way some ballplayers can.      

Jameson Taillon is Manny's better on pedigree, having a successful season in his run-up to free agency with the help of one of the best Team support networks in the league, and pushed to a 3rd inning shower by a greenhorn.    Judge's career year aside, the Yankees are putting their Franchise Player up on the mound tonight...let's see how the face off goes.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=all&qual=y&type=1&season=2022&month=0&season1=2022&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2022-01-01&enddate=2022-12-31&sort=8,a

Taillon by the way - 2nd best BB% YTD among all starting pitchers.

51 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Related...Rutschman has the 2nd most pitches per AB (4.257) of any MLB player this year, ahead of Mike Trout and Trailing only Jorge Polanco of Min.

This is truly impressive for a guy with only 187 major league PAs and definitely a sign of great things to come.

BTW his OPS+ is now more than twice that of Chirinos': 108 vs. 50.

• Upvote 1

Adley works the pitchers to so many full counts, it’s really crazy. He did it at least twice tonight I believe.

Is there a stat tracked somewhere that shows what percent of counts a hitter reaches certain counts?  It really feels like it’s 50% of his plate appearances he gets to 3-2. Curious to know what his rate is vs league avg.